Chief Surveyor Job at the Kenya Urban Roads Authority
REF: KURA/D&C/CS/17/7 JG 7 – (1 POST)
Responsibilities for the Chief Surveyor Job
- Assist in the preparation of survey annual work plans;
- Assist in provision of survey data during feasibility studies and preliminary and final design;
- Identify survey requirements and standards for specific areas;
- Prepare survey specification and terms of reference for survey works to ben contracted out;
- Supervise survey consultants engaged by the Authority; and
- Supervise civil works during construction.
Qualifications for the Chief Surveyor Job
Appointment to the position will be made from persons who have:
- Hold a Bachelor Degree in Surveying and photogrammetry or equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
- Have satisfactorily served in the grade of Senior Surveyor in the Authority or a comparable position with similar responsibilities in like organizations for at least 3 years;
- Are Full members of Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK);
- Are conversant with modern survey equipment (GPS, Total Station, etc.); and
- Are competent in Computer Aided Design (CAD), GIS and Image Processing Software;
- Good communication skills as well as interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to manage staff and provide good leadership.
How To Apply
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution. Specifically, they must obtain and present during the interview, copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions/organizations;
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and AntiCorruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigations Department;
- Credit Reference Bureau.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should submit applications together with their updated CVs including details of their day time contacts, names and contacts of three referees, while at the same time attaching copies of all certificates and testimonials to be hand delivered or mailed so as to reach the Director General at the address below not later than 7th April, 2017.
All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference number clearly marked. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Youth and Persons Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Director General,
Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA),
IKM BUILDING, Tower B, 5th Ngong Avenue, Opposite Bishops Gate
P.O. Box 4172700100, GPO, NAIROBI