World Vision Kenya M & E Coordinator NGO Career Opportunity April 2017
World Vision Kenya M & E Coordinator NGO Career Recruitment April 2017
M & E Coordinator Jobs at World Vision Kenya
Based at the Nairobi office, this position exists to support the design, planning processes, program & strategy performance monitoring and generating evidence for learning and reporting in line with World Vision Somalia Office Strategy and donor requirements.
Specifically, to provide DME technical support to Program Development Unit and Technical Unit teams in the assessment and design processes of projects, ensure evidence based design, planning & results based reporting, participate cluster meetings where DME expertise is required, engage with the TAs to ensure that sector specific data are translated into technical reports for engagement with both internal and external stakeholders, assure quality on reporting processes and products, support staff and partner capacity strengthening in DME based on the prioritized needs, use the information generated to promote learning and reflection culture within WVS and among partners.
M & E Coordinator Job Responsibilities
Assessment, Design & Planning and Resource acquisition
- Ensure program designs & plans are informed by assessment findings and recommendations
- Support resource acquisition team through review of concepts and proposals for overall quality and consistency of designs and plans for logic, coherence, clarity and provide feedback and assistance to improve, paying attention to such concerns as a sound and clear logical framework with SMART indicators to provide evidence during and after implementation.
- Coordinate with the field DME Managers to provide relevant assessment data for use in proposal development exercises as appropriate.
- Engage with TAs in the design of assessments and provide technical guidance in conducting assessments, baselines and evaluations in line with established LEAP or donor related guidelines at a National level.
- Engage with TAs to promote, support and strengthen adoption and use of Lot Quality Assurance Sampling (LQAS) methodology using Open Data Kit (ODK) or any emerging recommended software for rapid assessments and annual monitoring of projects outcomes
Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation
- Coordinate with Programme Officers quarterly and annual report review processes in line with the national DME calendar
- Analyze program data and periodic reports from various projects into periodic management reports usable for demonstrating evidence towards progress on National Office Strategy, for Technical Project Managers, senior management, Senior Leadership and other WV partnership offices.
- In collaboration with the field DME Managers, support projects to undertake activity tracking and results based monitoring of outputs and outcomes using standardized reporting templates/ formats, protocols, guides, dashboards and databases ensuring contribution to the National Office Strategy are well captured
- Coordinate the process of quarterly and annual outcome monitoring for all projects ensuring that all participate in the national outcome monitoring process using LQAS methodology and the adoption of ODK and GIS platforms
- Ensure program (IHA) accountability and other cross cutting themes are mainstreamed in project reporting
- In collaboration with the Communications team and the field DME Managers, support project teams to generate impact / Most Significant Change evidence in form of text (magazines, fact sheets) or digital videos.
- Synthesize and summarize trends in project monitoring data including those generated from evaluations across sectors that can be used to inform national level programming, write monthly quarterly, semi-annual and annual, and reporting the national office child wellbeing report and department score cards to track their contribution to NO strategy and CWBOs.
- Develop and manage an updated database of strategy outcome and standard output indicators for tracking strategy progress and WV Somalia contribution to CWBOs
- Track planned evaluations and ensure that evaluation reports are obtained and timely shared to facilitate learning internally and across the partners
- Support projects undertake programme effectiveness self-reviews
- Perform periodic data quality assessments to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability and timeliness of all project performance data; identify any deficiencies and suggest corrective actions; and assist the technical team members to maintain electronic and hard copy files.
- Monitor and follow up on utilization of recommendations from quarterly, annual and evaluation surveys across the national office projects
- In collaboration with the DMEO (KM) track timely implementation and reporting of programs plans
- Review concepts notes, proposals, management reports as well as other M&E reports to ensure data validation and compliance with recommended guidelines, formats and standards.
- Compile a graded national summary of reports based on the report quality review tool with specific recommendations on key findings and learning for improvement.
Qualifications for the M & E Coordinator Job
- Educational level required: A minimum of a university degree in Public health, Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Community Development, or any related field. Postgraduate training in monitoring & evaluation is an added advantage.
- Technical Training qualifications required: M&E certification from any recognized institution or gained from work based training
- Computer literacy is required working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power point, at least one statistical package as SPSS, STATA,
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Ability to train others and effectively facilitate meeting is required.
- Professional technical skill desired: Working knowledge of the M&E industry standards, Analysis using qualitative and/ quantitative methods including use of participatory methods and tools for planning, monitoring & evaluation, SPHERE standards, Durable Solutions Framework, Code of Conduct for Red Cross/ Red Crescent, Humanitarian Accountability Partnerships (HAP); other international humanitarian standards and other capacity building skills.
- Minimum of four years’ work experience in monitoring and evaluation of development and humanitarian programmes or work with INGOs or humanitarian agencies.
How to Apply
If you feel qualified for the above role apply online through https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/kenya/programme-effectiveness/design-monitoring-and-evaluation-coordinator/7155