KEMRI Job Vacancy : Clinical Officer (2 Posts) in Kenya October 2017
KEMRI Career Vacancy : Clinical Officer (2 Posts)
KEMRI Job Opportunity Vacancy : Clinical Officer (2 Posts)
- Company: KEMRI
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
This program is collaboration between the Kenya Medical Research Institute and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It involves conducting research and program support for activities related to malaria, HIV and other diseases. It is within this remit that the program has a vacancy in Vaccine Impact Diarrhea Assessment in Africa (VIDA) under DGPH
CLINICAL OFFICER– (2 positions) MR7/1
Location: Siaya County
Reports to: Study Coordinator /Clinical supervisors
The study Clinical officer will enroll study participants and complete study Case Report Forms and be the team lead in the facility for VIDA related activities.
Clinical Officer Medical Job Requirements:
- Must have a Diploma in Clinical Medicine, registered with the Clinical Officers Council (COC) and must possess a valid practicing license.
- Training in Good Clinical Practice (preferably from CITI) and IMCI will be added advantage.
- At least 1 year experience working in research set up or program.
Duties for the Clinical Officer Medical Job
- With guidance from the study coordinator/ clinical supervisor in VIDA Study.
- The clinical officer will enroll VIDA study participants.
- Act as team leader at facility level and offer technical support to other non-medical staff in the clinic protocol and Referrals as needed.
- Reports and present reports relevant to the study management es across departments within the Sentinel
- Health Facilities sample collection and processing and attend study meetings duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
Terms of Employment: One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a Probation period for the first three 3 months.
How to ApplyA cover letter (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER).
Current Curriculum Vitae MUST include your telephone number and e-mail address.
Three letters of reference from your referees
Copies of certificates and transcripts
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within the relevant grade, based on educational, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
Internal candidates interested in applying for this position are strongly advised to access an internal candidate application form available in the Intranet; print and process it through the project Managers and attach before forwarding application to HR.
Applications are due no later than October 27, 2017 to
Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578, Kisumu.
Kemri is an equal opportunity employer; women and disabled persons are encouraged to apply. Kemri does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview meeting and processing of offer letter.
IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST TO THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted