Job Title: Manager Finance
efficient administration of the finance department; organize and direct accounting budgeting,
investment of funds and revenue administration; exercises oversight over payment of bills;
payroll and all other vouchers for payment, direct implementation of accounting systems and
procedures and prepare financial statements and reports for decision making.
- Formulate and implement effective financial management policies, procedures, practices, processes and systems as approved by the Board of Directors;
- Develop, disseminate, review and monitor implementation and policies, guidelines and procedures that ensure control of the company’s financial resources and integrity of financial and accounting reporting systems;
- Ensure various payments to staff, suppliers/creditors and other payees are timely and correctly effected by providing the necessary approvals and signing payment cheques amongst others;
- Manage and develop staff in the department and ensure proper usage of other company resources;
- Coordinate the preparation of tax returns to ensure compliance with statutory requirements;
- Ensure efficient workflow in a work environment that fosters high degree of personal integrity, team spirit and outstanding work standards;
- Plan and coordinate the timely preparation of annual work plans and budgets and guide implementation including effective internal controls;
- Coordinate and monitor the Authority’s investment of surplus funds, accounting records, inventories and advise on possible solution;
- Coordinate the preparation of tax returns to ensure compliance Tax Acts and statutory requirement;
- Supervise the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial and accounting statements on timely basis for submission to external auditors as required by law;
- Carry out any other duties within their competence assigned by Management/Board.
- A Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized university.
- A Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Option) or equivalent business related degree from a recognized university.
- Professional qualification: CPA (K)/ACCA
- At least 5 years in senior financial management including experience in formulating and implementing accounting and internal control systems in an accounting and financial environment.
- Knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Ability to meet the deadlines of various reporting requirements
- Knowledge, acquired through practical experience, of one or more accounting systems/packages.
- Capable of building the finance team, identifying and developing future professionals
- Counselling skills required to advise others on the utilization and allocation of financial resources
- High integrity, independent, computer literate, honest, excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated high level of maturity and good leadership skills, analytical, assertive and good negotiating skills.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application letter quoting the reference No. on the envelope and application letter, attaching copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV indicating current salary and expected salary, day time telephone and full contact details of three professional referees to the address below to be received not later than 23rd October 2013.
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
KAA Complex – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100