KBC Technical Services Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya October 2017
KBC Technical Services Manager Career Vacancy in Kenya
KBC Technical Services Manager Job Recruitment in Kenya
- Management of KBC broadcast and technical services resources; planning for their acquisition, implementation, operation and optimal utilization
- Overseeing the strategic development and improvement of broadcasting systems, as well as their commissioning, maintenance and/or decommissioning
- Planning and scheduling of all activities in Technical Services Department and ensuring they are promptly completed within specified deadlines and budgets
- Preparation and approval of technical services specifications to be used in the procurement of the required technical engineering facilities
- Ensuring efficient, effective and timely implementation of technical engineering projects in the Department
- Development, implementation and review of technical services policies, procedures, standards and work plans
- Conducting staff performance appraisals and coordinating continuous improvement initiatives in the Department
- Responsible for the overall discipline and performance of staff in the Department
- Preparing budgets for Technical Services Department
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of technical engineering facilities.
Educational and Professional Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Telecommunication, Electrical / Electronics Engineering, Broadcast Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage
- Must be a registered member of the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya or any other recognized Engineering Body at the level of Professional Engineer or Graduate Engineer.
- At least ten (10) years practical experience in a broadcasting/media environment
- Must be conversant with media legislation, digital broadcast, multimedia /web services, convergence of technologies and technological trends in the broadcasting industry
- Must have worked in a managerial position for at least three (3) years while overseeing the operations of key systems in a similar organization
- Demonstrable high standard of professional competence and requisite administrative ability required for direction and coordination of planning, development and maintenance of engineering technical facilities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Must be computer literate.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position; and names /contact information & email addresses for three (3) referees.
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation,
P.O. Box 30456-00100
KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply