EGPAF Job Vacancy : Senior Project Officer – Care & Treatment in Kenya March 2017
EGPAF Job Vacancy : Senior Project Officer – Care & Treatment
EGPAF Career Vacancy : Senior Project Officer – Care & Treatment
- Company: EGPAF
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
To support establishment, expansion and implementation of a robust HIV Care & treatment program for the Timiza90 Project that entails provision of quality integrated HIV prevention, HIV counselling and testing, care and treatment services within the Ministry of Health, Private and Faith Based Sector health facilities in Homabay County.
Scope : The Senior Project Officer – Care & treatment is responsible for day to day support of the Health management teams (HMT) and the Health care providers in the provision of HIV/ AIDS care and treatment services. The broad program areas to be covered shall include Paediatric, Adolescent and Adult HIV Care & Treatment as well as TB/HIV program areas. The work shall entail providing technical assistance to establish and strengthen implementation of integrated and comprehensive care and treatment activities in the assigned facilities and sub –county, support systems strengthening, improve quality of services and monitor progress towards achievement of quality results in order to attain the objectives of the Timiza90 Project.
Project management: 20%
- Conduct site assessments for new sites and periodic routine assessments of existing sites for integrated HIV service delivery
- Develop integrated HIV facility interventions and work plans and oversee the implementation
- Supervise site renovations
- Establish and Supervise the lab-networks with networked facilities
- Assist the HMT to develop and implement quality assurance programs for each supported site
- Facilitate the acquisition of Project supplies from MOH/KEMSA and other sources.
Technical Support: 20%
– Responsible for visits to Timiza90 Project supported sites in the assigned sub county in Homabay County to provide technical support in implementation of integrated HIV care and treatment services
- Conduct supportive supervision on quality assurance and improvement issues.
- Ensure that adherence and psychosocial support activities are undertaken at the Timiza90 supported sites and links with the HTS and Linkage/Adherence/Retention technical team to facilitate facility-community linkages
- Works closely with the HMT in identifying training needs, planning and delivering trainings for facility staff, according to the training plan.
- Attends training session in new content areas and helps facilitate attendance of facility staff in training sessions.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with the health management teams at the sub county and facility level.
- Provides feedback to facilities and participates in supportive supervision and site assessments including SIMS, CQI, and RDQAs.
- Lead/drive the attainment of the 2nd and 3rd 90’s in the ACT 90/90/90 strategy to ensure attainment of the 90% of eligible patients are on ART and 90% of those on ART are retained on treatment and achieve viral suppression.
- Support health facilities in improving quality of services offered through participation in observed practise, preceptorship, and clinical review/switch meetings.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting: 10%
- Monitors on a regular basis the availability of supplies necessary to accomplish project objectives
- Working with the SI & E program officer, assists the Project in working with clinic staff in data collection and data management and reporting including utilization of such data for planning and decision making.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on all project input, processes, outputs, outcomes and impact at supported sites to ensure that adequate progress is made towards set targets.
- Identifies obstacles to achievement of desired results early enough, identifies remedial actions and seeks support to overcome these obstacles
- Assist the Deputy Project Director/Technical Advisor in preparation of monthly and quarterly progress reports.
Linkages, Networking and Integration: 30%
- Working closely with the other Project Officers to plan and participate in site assessment, follow up on identified gaps and implementation of interventions including formation of Quality Improvement Teams and re-assessment of progress
- Working with other Teams within the project, identify opportunities for integration including decentralization of care and treatment services, formation of and supporting Multi-Disciplinary Teams (MDTs), community-facility linkages and assist in documentation of successes, best practices and challenges associated with such linkage and integration
- Liaise with the HMT and any other technical counterparts among other partners on HIV care and treatment issues, participating in forums where such issues are being discussed and representing the Deputy Project Director/Technical Advisor when called upon to do so.
Staff Management: 20%
- Responsible for coordination of the EGPAF sub-county based team comprising of Project Officers (PMTCT, HTS, Adherence, and SI&E Officers) and the assigned project driver.
- Acts as the primary contact person/focal person for the sub county based team with the HMT.
- Chair the sub county based Technical team meetings as per meeting SOPs
- Submit minutes for Sub County based meetings and escalate any issues arising to management.
- Lead in preparing and presentation of sub county performance during monthly performance review meetings
- Any other duties assigned
Skills & Competence
- Medical Doctor with at least 3 years of continuous HIV program implementation or BSc Nursing Officer with 5 years of continuous HIV program implementation or Clinical Officer with 5 years of continuous HIV program implementation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in establishing and sustaining working relationships with the County government Ministry of Health
- Significant and up to date knowledge of the current ART, PMTCT, TB/HIV, HTC guidelines, standards, tools and best practices
- Experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program implementation with demonstrated expertise in initiating care and treatment services in a public, faith based or private health facility
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating training in HIV /AIDS prevention, care and treatment areas.
- Knowledge of PEPFAR Program and NASCOP reporting requirements including familiarity with the data collection and reporting tools used by NASCOP
- Proficiency in computer
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing and analytical skills
- Dedicated team player with ability and experience to work in a multidisciplinary team
How to Apply