Save the Children Job Vacancy : Programme Assistant in Kenya July 2017
Save the Children Job Opportunity Vacancy : Programme Assistant
Save the Children Job Vacancy : Programme Assistant
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Programme Assistant Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, international relations and/or related fields
- At least two years working with non-government organizations
- Highly organised, analytical, and innovative problem-solving ability; demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Experience of working in the field of programme administration and or Communication.
- Good understanding of child protection issues
- Good understanding of the programme management cycle including financial and operational processes
- Strong self-starter who is able to take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills in English;
- Proven ability to assess client groups’ information needs and be innovative in the design and delivery of appropriate targeted solutions
- Proven ability to build and maintain close and constructive working relationships with peers, management and staff in defining and fulfilling knowledge needs
- Proven ability to write concise reports and presentations
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate effectively in networks and communities of practice
- A flexible and resourceful attitude with the ability to manage and prioritise an unpredictable workload.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point)
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Commitment to Save the Children aims, values and policies, including child safeguarding and data protection
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply:
https://savethechildren.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=001299&lang=enPlease apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs