Global Communities Job Vacancy : Market Systems Value Chain Specialist in Kenya July 2017
Global Communities Job Opportunity Vacancy : Market Systems Value Chain Specialist
Global Communities Job Vacancy : Market Systems Value Chain Specialist
- Company: Global Communities
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party/Market Systems/Value Chain Specialist for the anticipated USAID Kenya Feed the Future – Crops and Dairy Market Systems Development Activity, a five year 60M program that is part of The purpose of the Crop and Dairy Market Systems Development Activity is to achieve the objectives below in targeted areas in support of the Global Food Security Strategy : (1) Inclusive and sustainable agriculture-led growth;
(2) Strengthened resilience among people and systems
(3) A well-nourished population.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Lead Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) activities for the program.
- Manage the Monitoring and Evaluation components of the program and make operational decisions
- Oversee data collection and ensure that the M&E system and results reporting meet the requirements of the Feed the Future initiative.
- Lead a system for continuous communication with the two established external evaluation partners
- Use critical inputs, feedback, and assessments received from evaluation partners to inform changes in program approaches and scale-up.
- Ensure that program components are results-oriented.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid foundation in a broad range of agriculture subjects preferred, including areas such as agriculture economics, agriculture policy, agribusiness, agronomy, agriculture extension, and market development.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
Education: Master’s Degree or equivalent in statistics, a social science, business administration or related area of study.
How to Apply