New Job Vacancy Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Procurement Officer in Kenya July 2017
Career Vacancy Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Procurement Officer
Latest Job Vacancy Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Procurement Officer
Vacant Position: Procurement Officer
Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Ltd (KSLH) was incorporated in 1966 under the Companies Act, Cap 486 Laws of Kenya.
KSLH owns and operates three properties, namely Mombasa Beach Hotel, Mombasa, Voi Safari Lodge, Tsavo East and Ngulia Safari Lodge, Tsavo West.
Tourism Finance Corporation (TFC) is the majority shareholder in this Company.
Reporting to the General Manager, will Plan, organize, direct and coordinate all the procurement activities of the Company in accordance with the Public Procurement & Assets Disposal Act (2015).
Oversee the work of all technical staff involved in purchasing and supplies: purchasing assistant(MBH), purchasing clerks (lodges) , head storekeepers,
The job focuses on service delivery and compliance with the established legal framework.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates the purchasing of all goods and services required for efficient operation of all KSLH Units in accordance with procurement regulations and departmental standard operating procedures.
- Ensures that the relevant statutory procurement committees are appointed and provide technical guidance for their operations as and when required.
- Designs and develop the company annual procurement plan in accordance with the Public Procurement and Assets Disposal Act (2015).
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Procurement Department Standard Operating Procedures. Advise all units of the established procurement policies, procedures and regulations.
- Facilitates the process of pre-qualification of suppliers of various goods and services. Prepare objective specifications for all items to be purchased in close consultation with the User departments
- Participates in design of TORs and related contractual documents to facilitate the publication of required tender notices and advertisements according to the annual procurement plan
- Prepares appropriate procurement documentation for signature of certifying and approving Officers (Unit Managers/General Manager) to facilitate purchasing of goods and services.
- Carryout market research and advise on new products/services and improvement/changes on existing ones. Identify opportunities and risks available in procurement.
- Checks invoices and delivery notes and ensure that goods delivered and prices invoiced conform to the Purchase orders, liaise with Finance & Accounts Department to ensure that all Suppliers are paid promptly.
- Performs secretarial duties, contract drafting and report for the department
Education & qualifications: First degree in Business Studies or related field from a recognized university. Hold professional qualifications in purchasing and supplies from a recognized institution and membership in a professional body such as CIPS, KIPSM etc with a practicising License.
Experience: 5- 7 years of procurement experience in the Hotel, catering or related services industry (hotels, institutional catering, tours, airlines etc). Be fully conversant with the Public Procurement & Asset Disposal Act (2015) Experience in budgeting, business planning and strategy advantageous.
Communication: Be fluent in both English and Kiswahili with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Technological: Possess advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite) and working knowledge of computerized stores material management systems. Back ground in automated procurement environment helpful
Other Attributes: Possess unquestionable personal values founded on accountability, integrity and transparency. Be a self –driven, service oriented team player and a skilled negotiator. Have planning and organizing and strategic abilities and strong report writing and self-presentation skills.
Work Environment: Able to work long hours with minimum supervision and often under pressure to meet tight deadlines. supervisory and motivation skills,
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the following documents:
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
How to Apply
If you believe that you clearly demonstrate the ability to meet the above criteria, please submit your application along with a detailed CV, attaching copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials, stating current position, current remuneration, experience, names of at least 3 professional referees, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the reference to the following address:
The General Manager,
Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Ltd,
P.O. Box 90414-80100,
So as to reach us by close of business on Monday, 30 July 2017.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
KSLH is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.