Mercy Corps Job Vacancy : Digital Learning Assessment in Kenya July 2017
Mercy Corps Job Recruitment Vacancy : Digital Learning Assessment
Mercy Corps Career Vacancy : Digital Learning Assessment
- Company: Mercy Corps
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Closing date: 03 Jul 2017
Mercy Corps is powered by the belief that a better world is possible. Across the more than 40 countries in which we operate, we’re working to address root causes of poverty head on, and helping those caught in crisis not only meet their immediate needs, but build a brighter future. In taking on these challenges, Mercy Corps does not act alone nor are we satisfied with business as usual.
In our work, we strive to innovate for greater impact – often through increased take-up of technology and investment in market-driven models. In our work, we see technology as an enabler to improve scale, access, efficiency, engagement, and effectiveness in our global work.
Youth Empowered for Success (YES!) is a partnership with The Coca-Cola Africa Foundation (TCCAF) and Harambee which seeks to enhance employment for 25,000 young people in six African countries by 2018, and 500,000 by 2022. Mercy Corps is the lead implementer in Kenya, Uganda, Liberia, Nigeria, and Tunisia. The program has three work streams:
Core YES! Model: Localizing the YES! model in 6 countries to improve the employment and entrepreneurship of 11,000 youth.
Innovation and Digital: Driving innovation in youth employment in Africa through business solutions including digital tools, reaching 14,000 youth.
Thought leadership: Research and learning on youth economic empowerment in Africa, building an evidence base enabling partnerships to scale to reach 500,000
Digital Learning Assessment Job Requirements
- Advanced university degree in education, programme management or other development related fields
- Experience in applying qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods, with a minimum of 5 years, demonstrating a strong record in designing and conducting/leading evaluations, particularly in the area of education
- Experience carrying out participatory assessments in Eastern Africa, including assignments focused on digital or mobile learning
- Excellent language skills in English (oral communication and report writing); knowledge of Kiswahili will be considered an advantage
How to Apply
To apply provide the following:
- Curriculum vitae
- A proposed methodology for the evaluation (one page maximum)
- References, web links or electronic copies of two or three examples of recently completed evaluation reports
Candidates are also encouraged to submit other references such as research papers or articles that demonstrate their familiarity with the subject under review Kindly send you application to email@example.com on or before 3rd July 2017 by 5.00pm