PATH Job Opening : HIV/TB Care & Treatment Services Technical Advisor NGO in Kenya October 2017
PATH Career Vacancy : HIV/TB Care & Treatment Services Technical Advisor NGO
PATH Job Vacancy : HIV/TB Care & Treatment Services Technical Advisor NGO
- Company: PATH
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
HSDSA Cluster 1
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
HIV Service Delivery Support Activity (HSDSA) Cluster 1 is a USAID funded project covering Homa Bay, Kisumu, Migori, Kisii and Nyamira counties. The purpose of this project is to provide key clinical support to the Government of Kenya national HIV response with the overall goal of increasing access and coverage for HIV prevention, care and treatment services towards achieving the “90-90-90” targets.
We seek to recruit a Technical Advisor who will provide technical expertise, coordination and supervision of all HIV/ TB Care and Treatment activities within the assigned project area in compliance with national and donor guidelines and policies, provide technical support and supervision to ensure that the HIV/TB Care and Treatment services Scope of Work for the project area assigned are carried out to the fullest extent possible and to the highest possible degree of quality.
S/he will provide technical support and supervision in collaboration with HSDSA Cluster 1 project management teams to ensure the successful planning and implementation of HIV TB service delivery activities, including work planning, budgeting, support supervision, technical support and reporting in assigned areas. The incumbent will provide representation for HSDSA Cluster 1 project and PATH at facility, sub-county, county and national HIV Care and Treatment forums and meetings and as may be called upon. This position is based in Kisumu
Duties for the HIV/TB Care & Treatment Services Technical Advisor Job
- Provide overall administrative leadership for HIV/TB Care and Treatment services among the core team of HIV TB Care and Treatment Program Officers to ensure effective collaboration, teamwork and collegiality.
- Provide overall technical leadership in the implementation of the HIV Care and Treatment service delivery component of the project.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and monitoring of costed project work-plans
Supervise and coordinate the project team in the assigned project area including HIV/ TB care and treatment Program Officers.
- Work in close collaboration with project M&E team and the County and Sub-County HMTs.
- Oversee the integration of the project’s HIV/ TB technical approaches for the achievement of successful project implementation using evidence informed, innovative and best practices
- Provide leadership in creating and strengthening linkages and referral networks between facility and community activities ensuring there is seamless implementation of activities leading to improved health outcomes
- Take lead in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and other reports as may be required and submit these to the Senior Technical Advisor HIV/ TB Care and Treatment in a timely manner
- Provide leadership in weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual project performance reviews, assessing progress in an objective manner in collaboration with C (SC) HMT
- Provide leadership on on Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance interventions in HIV/TB Care and
- Treatment services at facility level in collaboration with C (SC) HMT.
- Participate in the donor progress report writing, continuation application and quarterly review report writing and presentation.
- Take lead in site preparation for supportive supervision and SIMS assessments and ensure recommendations are implemented at facility level by project team in collaboration with C (SC) HMT.
- Overall coordination with C (SC) HMT on implementation of HIV Care and Treatment PMTCT service delivery work plans.
- Represent the project in technical forums at sub-county, county and national level.
- Participate in any other duties as assigned.
HIV/TB Care & Treatment Services Technical Advisor Job Requirements
- Medical Doctor (or equivalent qualification) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience providing leadership in implementation of health service delivery project with specific experience in HIV/TB projects.
- MPH or other master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Advanced HIV/ TB Care and Treatment trainings will be a distinct advantage.
- Hands on clinical experience in HIV service delivery and technical coordination
- Proven experience and familiarity with MOH/GOK health systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, capable of directing and managing change, effective delegation, inspiring teamwork and motivating staff and partners to achieve results.
- Computer literacy.
- Research experience, proposal and abstract writing will be a distinctive advantage.
- Ability to work in a complex project implementation environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to lead a multi-sectoral team and support collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Excellent facilitation, mentorship, team building and coordination skills.
- Experience in public speaking and professional presentations.
- Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to programming.
How to ApplyInterested candidate to apply through this link before 19th October 2017.