JKF Deputy Finance Manager Job opportunity 2013 in Kenya
In pursuit of its mission and guided by the vision of being the premier publishing house in Eastern Africa and a leading scholarship provider to the needy in Kenya, The Foundation is looking for suitably educated, trained, experienced, self-driven and motivated individuals with exceptional creativity, enthusiasm and energy to fill the following vacant position:
Reports to: Finance Manager
- To deputize the Finance Manager.
- To ensure timely preparation of long-terms plans, budgets and cash flow forecasts.
- To liaise with the Kenya National Audit Office during statutory audits and assist in managing all statutory audit queries pertaining to overall financial management and control at the Foundation in consultation with the Finance Manager.
- To ensure all internal controls are adhered to while examining all payments by the organization.
- To ensure procurement procedures are adhered to while examining LPO’s by the organization.
- To ensure periodic maintenance and updating of the fixed asset register and testing the accuracy and reasonableness of the rates of depreciation charged.
- To ensure generation of quality management reports and analysis that will facilitate decision making and cost control in JKF.
- To ensure practice of good quality stock management controls and reporting.
- To ensure proper management of the Foundation bank accounts and that bank reconciliation and cash position are done on a daily basis.
- To ensure that all revenue realizable to JKF is timely and accurately.
- Recorded proper management of debtors within reasonable debtor days.
- To assist the ERP users in maintenance of the various modules in liaison with the IT Manager.
- To ensure adequate liquidity position at all times to facilitate prompt payment of suppliers, authors, and employees.
- To ensure VAT refund claims are paid within a reasonable period.
- To perform any other relevant duty assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- CPA(K)/ACCA qualification
- A member of ICPAK or any other internationally recognized accounting body in good standing.
- Proficiency in use of computerized accounting packages (Preferably Syspro)
- Must be conversant with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Certification in Corporate Governance will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving, negotiation, inter-personal relations, team building, effective time management, leadership and organizational skills.
- At least 5 years as Senior Accountant or equivalent.
We are ISO 9001:2008 certified