In pursuit of its mission and guided by the vision of being the premier publishing house in Eastern Africa and a leading scholarship provider to the needy in Kenya, The Foundation is looking for suitably educated, trained, experienced, self-driven and motivated individuals with exceptional creativity, enthusiasm and energy to fill the following vacant position:
- Assist in copy-editing manuscripts and other projects as assigned or as instructed by the section editor;
- Assist in proof-reading manuscripts;
- Designs manuscripts for page layout and illustrations;
- Assist in co-ordinating writing workshops;
- Assists in preparing author-publisher contracts in consultation with section editors;
- To perform any other relevant duty assigned by the Publishing Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education with the following subject combinations: History/CRE or History/IRE.
- Computer proficiency.
- A post graduate Diploma in Mass Communication will be an added advantage.
- Leadership training from a reputable institution.
- At least 3 years classroom experience or 1 year editing experience in a publishing house.
We are ISO 9001:2008 certified