Social Investment Managers and Advisors (SIMA) LLC seeks a Vice President to support Investment and Fund Management activities of an asset management company focused on bottom of the pyramid investment opportunities with commercial returns and clear social benefits. Our company believes in transparency, inclusive decision-making and innovative thinking. The three Managing Partners have been among the longest serving Impact Investment fund managers and actively contributed to the development of the social investment industry.
Our business is to create, fundraise, invest and manage double bottom line social funds for private sector, individual, foundation, corporate, institutional investors. In addition, we provide advisory services to facility social investments for our clients especially foundations. Our first fund will provide debt financing to off-grid solar and microfinance in Africa and Asia. These portfolio companies are opening up new markets by using innovations in microfinance, technology, mobile payment platforms and clean energy to meet the needs of low-income customers. The portfolio companies have solid risk/return profiles and growth rates, presenting an important opportunity for impact investors. Over time, we also have ambitions to work in other sectors serving low-income customers, such as in healthcare, sanitation and education. www.Simafunds.com
Responsibilities for the Investment Vice President Job
- Participate and assist in the overall management of the firm including strategy, business development, relationship development and investment management
- Generate and participate in development of new business ideas, structure funds around these ideas, fundraise and invest the same collaboratively with the team.
- Develop financial model for structured financings and Funds.
- Lead and support deal-related tasks, including due-diligence, financial analysis and deal structuring
- Sourcing new deals for the pipeline through active engagement in the targeted industry
- Developing and vetting potential opportunities, writing investment memos and presenting findings to the Investment Committee
- Meet target company representatives and understand the fundamentals of the target companies, their business models and macroeconomic environment
- Conduct primary and secondary market research related to impact investing including, financial inclusion and clean energy access, education, etc. in the developing world.
- Collaborate with team of experienced investors seeking to optimize financial, social and environmental outcomes while scaling up international investment in impact investing. including clean energy, microfinance, education, etc. in the developing world
- Supervise and help create reports to investors
- Maintain a well-controlled operation environment.
Investment Vice President Job Qualifications
- An MBA/Masters are desirable.
- Strong quantitative skills, a high degree of proficiency with Excel and applied financial modeling experience
- Track record of producing results and managing multiple projects and assignments concurrently
- At least 5 years’ experience in commercial lending, investment banking, emerging market investing, or impact investing
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as a high degree of efficiency and thoroughness
- A high level of passion, entrepreneurial energy, personal initiative and responsibility
- Strong cultural understanding and skills to communicate effectively across multiple geographies
- Diplomacy, negotiating skills and team-working skills
- Willingness to travel globally, including to rural areas
- Background in international development or clean energy preferred
How to Apply
Please send your application and resume to Malaki@simafunds.com and Asad@simafunds.com by January 31, 2017. The title of your email should be “SIMA Vice President”.
We are a new investment manager whose partners are one of the longest serving fund managers in impact investment industry and have over 50 years’ collective experience in social impact investment in microfinance investment funds, and community development finance institutions. We also have advised a major rating agency on development of a social performance assessment for microfinance institutions. www.simafunds.com