Duration: Three (3) Months
Position(s): One (1)
- Installing and configuring computer systems;
- Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults;
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Talking staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults;
- Replacing parts as required;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time;
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers;
- Testing and evaluating new technology;
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment;
- Maintenance of the organization’s website.
- University degree in BSc Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Information Technology or related discipline from a recognized University.
- Certification in Network/Systems Administration or its equivalent from a recognized Institution/examining body (MCSE, CCNA, MCDA, CISA, etc.)
- Programming and web development skills.
Note: This is an internship opportunity that does not attract any remuneration.