Human Resource Manager Job opportunity in Kenya today
Our client a law firm is looking to fill the position of Human Resource Manager
Reporting to the Managing Partner:
The HR Manager shall support the people management function of the Firm that underpins the Firm business culture.
The broad areas of responsibility shall include: employee matters, compensation and benefits, reward, professional growth, communications and performance management.
- Lead and direct the HR department to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the Firm.
- Employee Relations- Guide line managers and supervisors in dealing with disciplinary and grievance issues of the employees.
- Performance Management-Manage performance management systems and processes.
- Learning & Development – Implement employees training and skills development agenda
- Recruitment & retention – Manage talent and succession planning.
- Reward- Manage the remuneration and reward system of the Firm.
- Policy & procedures- Implement and guide in the review of HR policies, procedures and processes.
- Manage priorities between casework and projects.
- Participate in the preparation and manage the HR budget.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- University Degree in Social Sciences or Business Administration.
- Post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Minimum 5 year of HRM Generalist experience. Experience in a Professional Service Firm will be an added advantage.
- Good communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles.
- Good Knowledge of HR policies, rules and procedures.
- Flexible, empathetic, individual who can maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing HRIS, Managing change, or other relevant HR projects.
- Strong understanding of employment law.
- A professional and commercial approach to HR, with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction, appropriate development and reward for individuals.
Interested candidates should send their application and MUST indicate their current/last salary and expected salary with a copy of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th October 2013.