Hospital Procurement Officer Job opportunity in Nairobi, Kenya 2013
Our client in health sector is seeking to recruit a procurement officer who will provide assistance with the procurement needs for commodities and services required by user departments, including preparation of Quotations, Tenders and Proposals in accordance with the Procurement Policy and current legislation.
Salary: KShs. 35,000
- Analyze the purchase request from the user departments and determine the appropriate method of procurement, Quotation, Tender and Request for Proposal.
- Provide assistance to user departments, when required, in the preparation of specifications, etc.
- Use judgment, diplomacy and confidentiality with respect to the complete procurement process, ensuring integrity of the respondents bid information.
- Involvement in preparation of contracts and tender awards that may be confidential or sensitive information related to property or personnel, or legal implications.
- Monitor contracts and vendor performance and consult with vendors and/or user departments to implement corrective action when required.
- Arrange for samples, testing and evaluation of new products.
- Collaborate with staff on new standing agreements, ensuring staff awareness of product lines of new suppliers.
- Contribute to the development and formulation of purchasing procedures and practices as required.
- Assist in the annual physical inventory process, as required.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- Degree in purchasing and supply/procurement
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years in a similar
- Experience with computerized purchasing systems would be an asset.
- Previous experience using SAP would be an asset.
- MUST have worked in hospital environment
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A high level of individual initiative, planning and good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to make judgment calls and decisions with respect to procurement activities, within delegated authority, that impact significantly upon the day-to-day operations of user Departments.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues.
- A forward-thinking professional, recognizing the value of diversity in the operation of Procurement in the public sector.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Concentration, accuracy and attention to details are required.
If you are the person we are looking for kindly send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating ‘Procurement Officer ‘on the subject line by 11th November, 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted