Head of Mobilization Job opportunity 2013 in Rachuonyo Districts, Kenya – Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS)
The Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS) is a non-profit organization with its headquarters in Kisumu dedicated to improving reproductive health of men and women in Kenya.
NRHS has several projects researching on HIV prevention; it runs support groups for MARPS, and is working with the Ministry of Health to scale up male circumcision for HIV prevention in various parts of Nyanza Province.
NRHS is seeking to hire Head of Mobilization in Rachuonyo South and Rachuonyo North Districts.
- Ensure that set targets in the area of jurisdiction are shared out to the teams and ensure the same is met.
- Coordinate all social mobilization activities in the division which include organizing for all the divisional social mobilization activities in coordination with the District Coordinator and the clinical teams
- Enhance teamwork amongst the Divisional Peer Educators under his/her jurisdiction.
- Provide leadership over district/county mobilization teams, including oversight over Divisional Mobilizers & their Peer Educators, activities, targets, standards & work ethics
- Carry out mapping of the Districts of operation , number of males in the target group, number of circumcised males, identification of all upcoming activities as per the community calendar the project may need to take part in within the division.
- Liaison duties on behalf of NRHS with Ministries of Health, DHMT, Provincial Administration & the Political leadership.
- Training of mobilization teams under the jurisdiction of District/County & follow up
- Tracking & reporting of all mobilization activities in the area of jurisdiction, mobilization budgets, targets, challenges & strategies.
- Ensure tracking and reporting of all mobilization activities in the Districts, including number of materials supplied, targets set, challenges experienced and best practices noted.
- Participate in strategy meetings & ensure follow ups on agreed activities/strategies.
- Regular meetings with district coordinators , divisional mobilizers & peer educators
Required Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Ability to lead, coordinate, motivate and work in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Relevant Degree in social work and community development or related studies
- 3 years experience in community mobilization or Ministry of Health community structures
- Preferably a resident of the district
Applications Should Include:
- A cover letter detailing current work, prior experience and qualifications in the areas described above, telephone and e-mail contact
- A current CV
- Names, telephone and e-mail contacts of at least 3 professional referees
Applications are submitted electronically to email@example.com stating the job title on the subject of the email.
Submission deadline: 21st October, 2013 at close of business.