Grant Writer Job 2013 opportunities in Kenya today
Job Title: Grant Writer
Responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate the company’s mission and programs to potential funders.
Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
Maintain a database of possible funders and actions taken.
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- Conducting prospect research;
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals’
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
- Bachelor’s degree, and 3 -5 years of relevant experience are required
- The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
- A high level of computer literacy required,
- Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form.
- A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to email@example.com before end of day 29 October 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted