GEOS Group Career Vacancy Security Expert EOM in Kenya April 2017
GEOS Group Employment Vacancy Security Expert EOM in Kenya April 2017
GEOS Group Job Opportunity Security Expert EOM in Kenya April 2017
- Company: GEOS Group
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Kenya
The GEOS Group was established in 1997 based on the twofold observation of companies’ increased exposure to political, criminal and business risks, and the lack of available resources to protect against these threats, quickly establishing itself as the leading French company in this business sector.
GEOS’s main mission is to allow companies to effectively exploit their full potential for growth and influence without endangering their staff or their tangible and intangible assets.
Because there must be no limits to their projects, the GEOS Group supports all companies and institutions, providing them with solutions for risk management and operational and human resource issues, going beyond typical security matters.
The Security Expert will handle all the security aspects during the Election Observation Mission (EOM) organized by the European Union in Kenya.
The Security Expert will be mainly responsible for:
- Assessing risks/threats
- Implementing a Security plan (writing of Security procedures, emergency plan, evacuation…)
- Liaising with authorities (Police, institutional managers…)
- Providing security briefing
- Crisis management
Start date: June 1st, 2017
End date: around September 7th, 2017
Place of work: Mainly in Nairobi, Kenya. Travels required across Kenya
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in UN, EU EOM or other observation mission in Kenya is mandatory
- Military or Police university degree equivalent background and/or qualification in Security Management. Adequate training in a related field and relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree;
- Substantial practical experience in security training of civilian international and local staff
- First-aid experience;
- Ability to collect, collate and assess key information from different sources prior to disseminating relevant reports and conclusions;
- High sense of responsibility, discretion and confidentiality;
- Initiative and good judgement;
- Demonstrated management skills as well as good interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to support and liaise with civilian staff.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please do not hesitate to send your CV updated to: email@example.com