Fleet Manager Jobs at Drobe-Leit
Salary: Kshs.75,000 Gross
Our client is a logistics, distribution and transportation company. They have presence in Kenya with plans to expand to the rest of the East African region.
Our client is looking for a versatile seasoned Yard personnel who has served in senior positions with fast moving organizations handling high volumes. The personnel will execute and drive the company’s strategic vision along with managing the daily transport, logistics and fleet operations.
Are you passionate about managing the inventory, supply chain, fleet, logistics and distribution functions to meet client’s needs? Are you driven and motivated by targets and achieving goals? If so, then this job is cut out for you!
Our client would like to fill the position of a Fleet Manager who be reporting to the HR & Safety Director.
The job holder will be managing the profitability of the company’s fleet through sound management of vehicle utilization and Turn-around-Time, fuel analysis and reconciliation, tyre usage, procuring spare parts/tires, and instilling discipline among drivers among other things.
Fleet Manager Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports (P&L) Analyzing the company’s fleet profitability per vehicle unit and as a Fleet analysis. The report is due for the previous month on or before the 7th of the current month.
- Ensure the security of motor vehicles in all company operations including fitting of security devices.
- Ensure all motor vehicles comply with statutory requirements.
- Scheduling of the vehicles and assigning duties to drivers and assistant drivers.
- Ensure that the company fleet is maintained to the level that meets more than statutory requirements.
- Introduce, maintain and manage the system of transport key performance indicators consisting of safety records, kilometers traveled against the amount of fuel consumed and vehicle availability.
- Instill the rules of safety and security in drivers.
- Monitor operational achievement of performance goals, customer service and productivity levels of the drivers to ensure they are commensurate with contract standards.
- Ensure carrier compliance with all safety, environmental, and organizational policies and procedures in all processes involving product transit and delivery.
- Assist in developing risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Manage the fleet of vehicles to ensure Zero accidents both on the roads and yards, fuel efficiency and proper truck general maintenance.
Requirements for the Fleet Manager Job
- A minimum of a degree in Logistics, Accounting or a Business related course and its equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ logistics or general transportation experience of which 2 years should have been as at a Supervisory or management role with a busy transportation company.
- Proven work experience in fleet management, distribution, logistics or trucking business highly desirable.
- Prior experience managing teams is required.
- Able to influence and work with client organizations at a senior level.
- Able to offer solutions for different scenarios.
- A good understanding of corporate cultures, people performance and behavioral development.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Process driven.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships with internal and external clients
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke vacancy page by the 05th June 2017. Only successful candidates will be contacted.