FAO Somalia Logistics and Facilities Coordinator Job opportunity 2013 in Mogadishu Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/119/2013
Deadline for Applications: 25th October 2013
Position Title: Logistics and Facilities Coordinator
Contract Type: International Consultancy
Organizational Unit: FAO-Somalia
Under the overall supervision of the Officer in Charge (O.I.C.) FAO Somalia and the daily supervision of the Programme Manager (Mogadishu) and the technical guidance of the Senior Administrative Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the follow-up and day-to-day management of logistics, office and guesthouse infrastructure for FAO Somalia and the field projects and/or programme activities.
- Provide leadership in logistical technical areas including freight forwarding, fleet management and warehousing to ensure effective integration of air, sea, and surface transport operations for effective delivery of FAO cargo.
- Responsible for all operational warehouse and transport matters; manage and arrange for transport related contracts through the procurement unit to plan, administer, implement and ensure timely and cost effectiveness in cargo delivery.
- In liaison with the Administration and Procurement sectors, prepare and initiate all the necessary purchase requisitions and relevant documentation for tender process, for the supply and/or maintenance of all FAO Somalia office and guesthouse facilities and equipment. Follow up on orders placed to ensure that they are delivered on a timely basis and act as quality controller on service delivery to certify that works and good are of quality and meet FAO and UN standards.
- In conjunction with ICT, ensure that allocation of office space is adequate and provision is made for adequate number of points for electricity, power, data, computers, printers and photocopiers and any other equipment.
- Act as a focal point for the relocation to Mogadishu and to prepare work schedule and coordinate its implementation for the above mentioned works, together with the preparation of regular progress reports on the same.
- Assist the infrastructure unit to supervise and ensure that works done are performed promptly and according to specifications and/or Bill of Quantities. Review the requirement of furniture and partitions for the new office space and once approved prepare necessary Purchase Requisitions.
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are regularly maintained;
- Prepare bi-weekly progress reports for circulation to Management and Staff as required.
- Daily supervison and contact point for guesthouse and staff restaurant management company.
- Responsible for management, allocation and coordination of Mogadishu guesthouse space
- Provide daily supervision of drivers, gardeners etc and Perform other related duties as required by Management.
- At least four years of postgraduate professional experience in logistics, supply, operations / administration and facility management and maintenance.
- Experience within a complex operating and emergency environment is and asset.
- Relevance and level of academic qualifications;
- Extent of experience in logistics, and/or operations/administration;
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite
- Ability to identify and resolve problems expeditiously and pragmatically;
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and manage multiple activities and adjust to changing priorities;
- General knowledge of UN System policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. FAO/119/2013 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO Personal Profile Form (PPF) available at http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/. E-mail is the preferred means of receipt and the applications should be sent to HR-Somalia@fao.org
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.