Under the overall supervision of the Officer in Charge (O.I.C.) FAO Somalia and the direct supervision of the Senior Administrative Officer, to provide support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative and travel processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
- Prepare Travel Advances in GRMS – Global resource management System
- Follow up on all Mission Travel Claims for staff and international Consultants.
- Make arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, and ensures preparation of arrival of VIPs and coordinates their reception at the airport;
- Make arrangement of training venue and accommodation for the participants to trainings/workshops/seminars/meetings;
- Arrangement and follow up of issuance of Travel Authorizations by Headquarters;
- Prepare requests for travel visas, and follow-up for their issuance from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Ensure completion of Security Requirements by Traveler;
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys;
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping and accuracy of travel documents and materials;
- Control all Travel Expenses Claim ensuring signature of traveler & Budget Holder or approving officer, adequacy of supporting documents, and compliance with authorized final itinerary;
- Extraction of data from various sources and cost analysis of travel services to units;
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports on travel operations;
- Assist in the preparation of budget for travel, meetings, workshop events, and provision of information for audit;
- Manage living allowances for international consultants
- Manage Danger pay for international staff and consultants
- Perform other related duties as required.
Secondary school education or equivalent commercial school.
Two years of clerical, administrative, logistics and travel operations experience.
Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English, French or Spanish) and working knowledge of the local language(s) is required.
Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc.
Office Management Skills:
- Systematic, well structured and efficient approach to work assignments.
- Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency.
- Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures.
The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment.
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. FAO/121/2013 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO Personal Profile Form (PPF) available http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/.
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.