Evidence Action Career Vacancy : NGO Data Processing & Analysis in Kenya October 2017
Evidence Action Career Vacancy : NGO Data Processing & Analysis
Evidence Action Latest Job Vacancy : NGO Data Processing & Analysis
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
The Associate, Data Processing and Analysis will clean, synthesize, analyze, and extract actionable recommendations from information collected from Evidence Action’s programs. The role will require cleaning and management of data, analysis of various survey and program data, and systematic documentation of the data and analytical efforts used to reach the evidence-based recommendations.
S/he will contribute to the development of appropriate measurement, sampling, and survey strategies and the design of survey instruments to gather quantitative and qualitative data. The ideal Associate will be extremely intellectually curious, service-oriented, and able to conduct, document, and explain complex analysis and research geared towards real-world improvements in the programs service delivery to millions of people throughout Evidence Action’s reach.
This position will be a critical piece of the Design, Data Processing and Analysis team that operates within Evidence Action’s broader Monitoring, Learning, and Information Systems (MLIS) team.
Duties for the Data Processing & Analysis NGO Job
- Be able to generate, clean and provide datasets as may be required by different programs
- Document all data cleaning processes and steps in the courses of his or her data management tasks.
- Develop scripts that ensure completeness, quality and cleanliness of program data
- Perform data quality audit and quality checks on the data
- Give timely feedback to the data collection team on quality of data and area of improvement/training
- Keep track of any recurring data quality issues arising from the exercising with a viewing of informing when re-training is needed.
- Manage data entry staff when need arises
- Any other Data Management task as assigned by their supervisor
- Data Management
- Perform digitization of questionnaires to be used for electronic data collection
- Analyze data on key topics to inform programmatic decision-making in the areas of operations, finance, coverage and adoption.
- Identify and produce well-designed analysis and other statistical measurements to express the results of program data.
- Compose reports ranging from Pre-Analysis Plans to Dashboard and Analytical Results / Write-ups
Maintain proper documentation of all analysis for ease of replication and explain methodology used in analysis.
- Extract meaning, through analysis, from Monitoring & Evaluation and Research & Development activities that provides insightful interpretations of data.
- Contribute to geographic expansion decisions, and program improvements through the collection and analysis of key demographic and geospatial data;
- Support the development of impact models for key program decisions and metrics.
Data Processing & Analysis NGO Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, statistics or another quantitative field
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a highly analytical and quantitative role
- Strong working knowledge of statistical software packages such as Stata, R, MatLab, SAS etc. with the ability to learn and adapt to new programs (experience with Stata and excel highly preferred)
- Strong interest in research on public health, epidemiology, water, and/or sanitation; prior knowledge of the associated literature a plus
- A working knowledge of geospatial analysis in ArcGIS/QGIS and mobile phone survey programming experience in Open Data Kit preferred (at minimum, willingness to learn and independently acquire new technical skills)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to work effectively with a team that is geographically dispersed
- Self-directed/self-motivating personality, with proven ability to manage demands from multiple supervisors while adhering to program deadlines and priorities
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills
- Intellectual flexibility and willingness to form and adjust opinions based on evidence
- Quick to learn, motivated to self-teach and capable of independently translating new knowledge into practice
How to Apply