Panda Development Company Limited is searching for the following qualified individuals
Vacancy: Electro Mechanical Engineer
Work Type: Full Time
Scope: Electro Mechanical Engineer
Candidates should be fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Mechanical or Electrical University degree in Engineering/ HND in Relevant Field
- Working knowledge of plans, prints, specifications and schematics associated with trade
- 5 years of construction experience with working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing, construction procedures and practices
- Computer literate, Strong Knowledge in CAD & Relevant design Software
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills
MEP Engineer Qualifications and Skills
1. A detailed understanding of the Contract documents (drawings and specifications), phasing plans, MEP systems interrelationships, construction sequencing and project schedule.
2. Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
3. Engineering tasks (with varying responsibilities dependent upon project magnitude and experience) include, but are not limited to, the Following;
- Design drafting of construction documents using AutoCAD/Relevant Software
- Lighting and power circuitry
- Voltage calculations and conductor sizing
- Short Circuit calculations
- Lighting layouts, fixture specifications, schedules and calculations; lighting control
- Electrical distribution design and single line preparation
- Utility coordination
- Fire Alarm system design and layout
- Low voltage system layouts including data, communications, sound, security
- Preparation of specifications
- Emergency and life safety systems
4. Facilitate problem solving, as may arise, between MEP Subcontractors during construction.
5. Validate design issues related to MEP and suggest alternative solutions.
6. Assist in the receipt and review of MEP submittals.
7. Log and post all MEP changes and as-built information on field drawings.
8. Assist in the scope review, budgeting and justification of MEP change work order.
9. Assist in the installation of MEP work.
10. Direct, monitor and control the activities of MEP Subcontractor.
11. Coordination and administration of MEP related materials, systems and shop drawings submittals.
12. Liaison with Consultant MEP supervisory Engineers, Inspectors and relevant staff.
13. Ensure that MEP Subcontractors provides and adheres to relevant Quality documentation/records.
14. Ensure that MEP Subcontractors adheres to Project safety regulations.
15. Assist in the testing and commissioning of MEP equipment.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications and cv’s stating their current and expected salary to us no later than 14th October 2013.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject of the application email.email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com