EKA Hotel Financial Controller Job opportunity in Nairobi Kenya 2013
The new EKA Hotel in Nairobi is seeking for an outstanding individual to fill the position of Financial Controller with immediate effect.
To provide comprehensive financial and decision support to the company through a wide variety of financially focused work and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting by developing a reliable cash flow projection process.
- Develop and monitor adequate internal control over revenues, expenses, assets and liabilities.
- Provide financial oversight of the capital expenditure process.
- Oversee internal daily audits of cash deposits, transfers and the preparation/monitoring of the Capital budget.
- Ensures implementation and compliance of policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Day to day running of the finance department.
- Work very closely with the management to keep tight control over working capital.
- Manage the purchase function.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce degree (accounting option)
- CPA (K)/ACCA qualification
- Must be conversant with Sun & Opera accounting systems.
- At least 4 years as a Financial Controller in a five star hotel and direct supervision and management in hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of insurance, employee benefits, claims and liability.
- Ability to effectively lead a team of professionals
Interested candidates are invited to email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to: email@example.com before closure of business on 28th October 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.