Teaching Jobs in Kenya
Shining Hope for Community (SHOFCO)
Position: Early Childhood Development Social Worker (One)
Location: Mathare, Nairobi
Reports to: ECD Coordinator and Community Programs Officer
Hours: Mon- Fri, 8:00am to 5:00pm and varied Saturdays
Job Scope: The Social worker along with key technical staff will be responsible for coordinating caregiver – early child psycho-social program activities.
- Conduct regular home visits for the daycare and preschool children using the home visit tools to ensure the care-giving environment is conducive to help children grow into healthy and happy to harness full development potential
- Organize and conduct parent/caregiver support group meetings to discuss essence of early child development issues and mobilize them into group savings and loan activities as economic strengthening at household level
- Use a variety of appropriate formal and informal tools and techniques to evaluate the progress and performance of students and families based on child development milestones
- Develop long-term and short-term intervention plans consistent with children’s developmental needs to help children attain full development potential
- Keep proper records of the children in the daycare and preschool programs including family background, health, social and key interventions and follow-up visits forms
- Assist ECD coordinator to carry-out individual child assessment to ensure each child is attaining proper development milestones
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the supervisor, community programs officer and programs manager
- Performing other related duties as may be assigned
- High level of motivation, organization, honesty, commitment and professional responsibility
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Must have good counseling skills.
- Key knowledge on Early Childhood Development
- Must have at least 2 years working experience
- Diploma in Community Development
- Certificate / diploma in Early Childhood Development is desirable
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach us no later than 11th May 2017.