Reports To: Delta Partnership Regional Manager
Overview of Delta Partnership
Delta Partnership is a highly regarded, international development consultancy firm offering bespoke
solutions which maximize the impact of development funds.
We have a steadily growing turnover currently standing at £1.8 million per year. Delta has a core team of employees who are dedicated to furthering the growth of Delta whilst maintaining our unique, innovative and results focused style.
We currently have offices in the UK, Kenya, and Uganda, with a permanent presence also in Ethiopia. We have worked in over 20 countries, across government, with civil society and in specific sectors such as health, education, justice and the environment.
The Role of Senior Consultant
Delta Partnership is looking for a full-time senior consultant whose major contribution will focus on the business growth and development of the Kenyan Delta office.
Specific duties will include:
- Delivering consultancy on a range of development projects in the Kenya hub and other countries when necessary (60% Level of Effort (LOE);
- Contributing to the drafting of expressions of interest and technical proposals (20% LOE);
- Supporting the development of Delta methodologies and knowledge (10% LOE);
- Marketing Delta in Kenya and building relationships with existing and potentially new clients (10% LOE);
- Additional tasks as required by the Head of Regional Office.
- Thorough understanding of monitoring and evaluation of development programmes, including theory and application;
- Experience in developing and communicating clear M&E plans for clients in different sectors including governance, gender empowerment, education, health, economic development, natural resource management etc;
- Ability to understand client/project staff needs;
- Ability to find and focus on relevance while maintaining validity and reliability in undertaking strategic planning, design, and M&E related assignments;
- Ability to link previous findings and results to current issues and emerging trends;
- Ability to work within various contexts including sectors, geographical coverage, clients, and cultures;
- Ability to use leading M&E software including SPSS;
- Ability to speak French and/or another language used in the region;
- Experience in working with the private sector and foundations.
Delta Partnership is looking for someone who shares our passion for development and improving the lives of others.
The successful candidate will be available to start work on a full time basis as soon as possible.
- At least 5 years’ experience of successfully delivering assignments/projectsin an international development consultancy capacity;
- Track record in understanding and exceeding expectations in delivering projects/ assignments;
- A masters level qualification;
- A creative and innovative attitude with an ability to work in a flexible and autonomous environment;
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills;
All applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
Delta is offering a competitive salary.