The role holder will be expected to deliver the production requirement by processing products in compliance to the established/agreed quality standards by optimizing the resources and by continuously improving the way things are done to attain total quality of the products and achieve low cost of the process.
The role reports to the General Manager.
Dairy Production Manager Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and delivery supply to meet the business/market/sales volume including new launches, re-launches, promotions and out of ordinary demands
- Closely liaise with the raw milk procurement officer to plan and execute daily processing schedules
- Coordinate with sales and marketing manager in growing the market and addressing market issues/complaints/returns etc.
- Establish system for daily raw materials balance and control
- Developing and implementing measurement systems (KPI) to improve performance at the manufacturing/shop floor
- First time right in Quality for new products and revalidate Quality systems.
- Innovation and new product development delivery
- Managing team and individual performance through regular/daily/hourly reviews, monitoring processes and ensuring correction/adjustment needs are identified and effected
- Health, Safety and Environment management to comply with statutory requirements and in line with the company safety policy
- Prepare or cause preparation of daily quality, occurrence, maintenance and production reports
Qualifications for the Dairy Production Manager Job
- Degree in Food Technology/Engineering from a credible institution
- Over 8 years in a highly perishable food manufacturing environment 4 of which must be at senior supervisory level
- Prior experience in the Dairy processing is an added advantage
- High level leadership and decision making skills as well as ability to motivate and train people
- Sound knowledge of several manufacturing operations and production procedures, innovative tools and machines for handling assigned manufacturing projects
- Demonstrated competence in planning and forecast
- Profound acquaintance with dynamics in cold supply chain
- Familiarity with new products designing and development
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV to ‘email@example.com’ indicating the job title “DAIRY PRODUCTION MANAGER” on the subject line by 23rd March 2017.