Dairy Manager Job opportunity at Nuru International Kenya 2013
About The Position:
Dairy Manager Job Description:
Management of the dairy herd (65% of time):
- Establish Nuru’s dairy farm operations and processes
- Meet Nuru’s defined dairy production and performance targets
- Manage daily operations of dairy farm
- Maintain cow herd and ensure milk production is at optimal international standards
- Manage and maintain Nuru’s Napier and grazing plots
- Supervise herd feeding operations
- Manage the breeding and artificial insemination processes and raise replacement heifers
- Manage and maintain dairy farm facilities, grounds and equipment
- Ensure that Nuru adheres to all government rules and regulations
- Manage the health and reproduction of Nuru’s herd
Operations and, Finance and Procurement (20 % of time):
- Keep record of all dairy farm activities (herd health, production, reproduction inventories)
- Manage inventory
- Manage the budget and financial performance of Nuru’s dairy farm
- Manage dairy farm personnel, including but not limited to:
- Managing payroll
- Recruitment and training of dairy personnel
- Evaluation and development of dairy personnel
- Manage dairy farm procurement activities
Sales (15% of time)
- Manage milk sales activities in coordination with portfolio manager
Minimum Qualifications (Education/Experience):
- Experience in dairy management and training in the dairy industry (3+ years)
- Management experience (2+ years)
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Kiswahili
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Dairy Technology or its equivalent and have at least five years relevant experience.
- Be innovative, enthusiastic and energetic, able to work with minimum supervision and will possess excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask under pressure.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, a pleasant and outgoing personality
- Be self-motivated and team orientated and work to a high level of integrity and accountability, with keen attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite specially MS Word and MS Excel.
Location: Isibania, Kuria West District
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Nuru International is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified Individuals, Please Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their testimonials including resume/CVs and cover letter supported by at least two known references.
Please complete your application in English, include your phone number, and turn it in at our offices / Human Resources Manager at our main office (see PO Box for mailing information) or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc email@example.com
Please outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
Deadline of receiving application is 15th November 2013.