Concern Worldwide Community Empowerment Project Officer Job vacancy today in Kenya 2013
- Contribute to development, review and updating of Community Conversations training manual and guidelines as required by line manager
- Develop capacity of Concern, Partner NGO and Government staff in Community Conversations including training and mentorship
- Quality assurance for Community Conversations in programme area
- Direct monitoring of Community Conversations
- Contribute to the development of monitoring tools for assessing the quality and effectiveness of CCs Support Partner NGO to develop indicators and collect data for measuring Community Conversation
- To provide data including most significant change stories for use by the Communication Officer in documentation of Community Conversation
- Marketing and lobbying for adoption of Community Conversations by Government and Civil Society actors at County level
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary and to comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
- A bachelor’s degree in community development, social sciences or any other relevant field
- or A diploma in community development, social sciences
- or any other relevant field and at least three years’ experience in implementing community projects
- A minimum two years’ experience in applying participatory approach to development,
- experience in Community Conversations is an added advantage
- Must be a Trainer of Trainer in participatory and adult learning techniques
- Must have a working knowledge of Project Cycle Management
- Strong computer, report writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV and covering letter, with the subject of the email as ‘PROJECT OFFICER-COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT’ to: The Human Resource Manager, Concern Worldwide, Nairobi, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each application should include three referees who can validate technical expertise.
Concern’s Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Code of Conduct have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, especially beneficiaries, from abuse and exploitation.
Concern worldwide is an equal opportunity employer