Coffee Research Foundation Director of Research Job vacancy 2013 in Ruiru Kenya
This position calls for ability to effectively interact and operate at management and Board level, to realize CRF’s vision “to be an excellent global institution of research and development for sustainable wealth creation in the coffee industry”.
- Management of the day-to-day activities of the Foundation as well as implementing and monitoring decisions of the Board of Directors and appraising the Board on the progress;
- Develop and implement policy guidelines and provide strategic direction and transformative leadership on management of Coffee Research Foundation affairs and policy directives;
- Develop and recommend to the Board the long term strategy, business plans, and annual operating budgets; and establish proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures;
- Coordinate and prepare business related proposals, reports and other submissions for consideration by the Board and to development partners;
- Provide innovative and transformative leadership in research, outreach, extension, networking, partnerships and linkages with government/regulatory agencies and other local/international institutions of coffee research and development;
- Provide appropriate support and leadership to employees of the Foundation;
- Ensure continuous improvements in the quality and value of services and products provided by the Foundation;
- Ensure continuous achievement of the Foundation’s financial and operating goals and objectives;
- Oversee and ensure implementation of Foundation policies and programmes;
- Maintaining a conducive work environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees;
- Ensure cost effective use and development of the organizational physical, human and financial resources;
- Foster a culture that promotes ethical practices and good citizenship and provides relationship management and networks with local and global business partners and stakeholders, pro-active public relations and enhances the Foundation’s corporate image;
- Co-ordinates with relevant stakeholders on coffee industry matters.
- PhD in Agricultural sciences from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years research experience, ten (10) of which must have been in a senior management position in a reputable research organization;
- A proven track record in publishing, research, innovation and product development;
- Knowledge of government policies and regulations on financial management, public procurement and human resource management;
- Experience in operating at policy and strategic levels and translating these into practical and achievable objectives responsive to customers’ needs;
- Ability to mobilize funding for research;
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Experience in identification of core business activities, adaptation and flexibility to new demands and priorities;
- Proficient in ICT with ability to use this in improving research activities;
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence;
- Demonstrated administrative capability required for formulation of national policies and good interpersonal relations;
- Self-driven and of impeccable integrity and honesty in line with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Ability to think strategically;
- International business exposure/experience and working in ISO certified environment.
- A Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID);
- A Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- A Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- A Clearance Certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Membership to a professional body in the area of specialization.
- Knowledge and experience of Kenyan Labour Laws;
- Knowledge of Performance Based Management;
- Have strong and proven leadership skills to lead a dynamic team;
- Be a team player, effective supervisory, negotiation, analytical, employee relations, excellent planning and organization, mentoring, coaching and strong interpersonal and management skills;
- Resource mobilization skills will be added advantage.
Board of Directors
Coffee Research Foundation
P.O. Box 4 – 00232