We are looking for dynamic, creative and self-oriented professionals to fill the position of:
Relationship Manager – Mortgage Branch Support
The purpose of the job is to source of mortgage business through support of Branches with a view of increasing the mortgage loan book.
The key responsibilities will among others include:
- Undertaking and support pitching for new business from existing database of Branch customers
- Research, propose and champion mortgage solutions for the Branch customers
- Ensuring product and Income targets are met.
- Actively advise Head Mortgage Finance ideas for alternative product strategies to manage Branch mortgage sales.
- Monitor and provide feedback to Business line leadership on competitor product activity, including pricing
- Provide and analyze product income data/information for Business line leadership
- Contribute in setting of Bank targets on Branch mortgage sales
- Co-ordinate production of a Standard Tariff, which is easily understood by customers and staff and easy to administer
- Handling of inquiries on mortgage sales from Co-operatives customers & assigned branches
- Review of new applications
- Providing guidance for purposes of re-packaging applications to meet our requirements
- Origination and follow-up of disbursements
- ad hoc assignments passed on from time to time.
- Monitor adherence to agreed product pricing strategy
- Champion implementation of new products by: Engaging relevant stakeholders, Building a business case, Completing all product testing, Building a detailed implementation plan, Closely monitoring implementation
- Liaise with mortgage Sales teams and Credit Operations, regularly reviewing all operational standards for product profitability, and identifying skills gaps.
- Review and feedback into customer satisfaction surveys, responding to customer Product complaints raised by Branch division
- Liaise with Sales teams to design and deliver appropriate training, and give input into sales strategies for Branch customers.
- Provide clear direction of the Co op Bank’s objectives by translating business performance objectives and measures into clear, concise communication
- Be a role model for your colleagues, doing things wholeheartedly, communicating with passion and enthusiasm, embracing change as a way of working.
The incumbent will be required to possess the following attributes/skills:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in, commerce, Economics, Finance, Banking or Business Administration and any other relevant qualification.
- A master’s degree in any of the above related disciplines is an added advantage
- At least 5 years experience in mortgage sales in a commercial or development banking environment.
- Good knowledge and experience in project appraisal preferably in a banking environment
- Computer literacy is mandatory
- Project management
- Time management and personal organization
- Campaign/advertising management
- Able to work under pressure and adhere to strict and tight deadlines on a wide range of tasks
- Able to keep abreast of developments in the business and financial services environment
- An in-depth knowledge of the bank’s mortgage products
- A good knowledge of the other bank’s products (e.g. retail accounts, overdrafts, guarantees, MCU, asset finance and insurance premium financing).
- Credit appraisal and analysis skills
- Presentation skills & interpersonal skills
- Communication & report writing skills
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please quote this reference on your application and on the envelope: RM–MORTGAGE BS/3/HRD/2013
Human Resources Division
Co-operative Bank of Kenya Ltd.
P. O. Box 48231 – 00100