Co-operative Bank Legal Manager Job opportunity in Kenya today
We are looking for dynamic, creative and self-oriented professionals to fill the position of:
The successful person will report to the Head – Legal Services Department.
Job Description: The successful candidate will be responsible for providing legal support to the Bank.
- The role holder will play a key advisory and guidance role within all levels of the Bank in legal matters
- Representing the Bank in courts, tribunals’ arbitrations and other related forums.
- Preparation, vetting and reviewing all contractual documents between third parties and the Bank.
- Overseeing the perfection of Bank securities.
- Protecting the interests of the Bank by perusing and approving all securities before and after registration
- Perusing and interpreting legislation and other legal instruments.
- Preparing standard legal documentation for use by the Bank and liaising with the Bank’s external lawyers
- The incumbent will be required to possess the following attributes:
- Must be analytical with good management skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must be self- motivated with strong interpersonal skills
- Must have strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the provisions of the Banking Act, Central Bank of Kenya & the Co-operatives Societies Act
- Knowledge of developments in legal practice and statutory amendments that are likely to have an impact on the Bank’s operations
- Must have a Bachelor of Law (LLB) degree from a recognized university and be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practising certificate.
- Must be conversant with MS Office Suite
- Diploma in AKIB will be an added advantage
- Must have at least five years’ experience in a busy Law Firm or Financial Institution with hands on experience in Commercial Law and Litigation
- Experience in a Banking/Financial institution will be an added advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer
Please quote this reference on your application and on the envelope: Legal – Legal Manager/3/HRD/2013
Human Resources Division
Co-operative Bank of Kenya Ltd.
P.O. Box 48231-00100