We are looking for dynamic, creative and self oriented professional to fill the position of:
The successful person will report to the Head Security Department.
As a fraud Analyst, the role holder will be responsible for reviewing processes and systems for fraud related internal controls.
- Undertake trend analysis and profile various types of frauds, highlighting weaknesses noted and make recommendations geared towards reducing incidences of frauds within the Bank.
- Confirm that data trends similar to those of previously confirmed frauds are picked for further review and confirmation.
- Analyze data from the Bank customer transactional data bases for trends that may indicate fraud.
- Pick up details of un expected fraud trends and confirm their authenticity with the relevant parties.
- Assess fraud risks in the Bank’s products and services with a view to recommending controls to detect and prevent the same.
- Assessment of fraud risk at the organization level, significant SBUs’ and significant account levels.
- Evaluation of the likelihood and significant of each fraud risk to the Bank.
- Assessment of the exposure arising from each of the categories of fraud risk.
- Identifies key fraud risk indicators and formulates MIS that accurately track these indicators
- Carry out post incidents analysis to understand the loop holes used to perpetrate frauds and make appropriate recommendations.
- Carry out research on current fraud trends and advise the Bank accordingly.
The incumbent will be required to possess the following attributes / skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science, Information Systems from a recognized university
- Possess relevant Information Security Certification such as CISSP, CISA / CISM, ISO/IEC 27001.
- 5 years working experience in forensic auditing or as a Security Analyst in any of the leading Security Agencies. Prior working experience in a Bank will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of risk and systems security control processes.
- Good understanding of CAAT’s (Computer assisted audited tools).
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please quote this reference on your application and on the envelope: FRAUD ANALYST – FA/3/HRD/2013
Human Resources Division
Co-operative Bank of Kenya Ltd.
P.O. Box 48231-00100