Citibank Job Vacancy : Fixed Income Securities Trader in Kenya November 2017
Citibank Career Vacancy : Fixed Income Securities Trader
Citibank Job Vacancy : Fixed Income Securities Trader
- Company: Citibank
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
- To actively trade in the inter-bank Treasury Bills and Bonds market on behalf of the Bank with the primary objective of enhancing revenues accruing to the Bank from trading and positioning in the Treasury Bills and Bonds market whilst adhering to limits.
- To coordinate trading activities and strategies in trading securities, bonds, treasury bills and repos.
- Daily risk taking and accurate position taking considering micro and macro-economic issues, interest rates and inflation. Look to expand customer business in conjunction with the Sales – Team while using market information to ensure the set revenue target is met.
- Responsibilities also include ensuring that all regulatory requirements as a Market Maker are met.
- Form part of the local product offering in the broader Kenya franchise.
- Primary responsibility for risk taking on Bonds and Treasury Bills, maintaining the trading blotter and managing positions.
- Daily position management and seeking for opportunities in the interbank market for outright and repos.
- Daily monitoring of trading limits, DV01, Aggregate Volume Limits, Tenor Limits, Value At Risk Limits and Management Action Triggers.
- Point of contact with the key regulators, Debt Management office, Central Bank of Kenya and Associated Settlement Agencies, and Brokers.
- Expected to track and collate fixed income securities data to support research and analytics as required by the bank.
- Coordinate fixed income securities trade with sales team.
- Support any mark to market trading initiative that may arise from time to time.
- Profitable growth of the Kenya franchise
- Pricing and managing fluctuating liquidity conditions.
- Intensive exposure to the Kenyan interest rate markets and the implications on it of local and global events.
- Regional mobility within the Rates Trading team
- This role is ideally suited for someone who enjoys the thrill of working on the desk independently. This position does not have any direct reports.
- Prior exposure to Kenya interest rate markets
- Prior work experience in Treasury and/or knowledge of trading fixed income securities
- Proven track record in a Bond Trader role within a local or foreign bank an added advantage
- Candidates must be confident, articulate, quick thinking and numeric.
- Must display high energy levels and drive
- Must display an affinity for risk taking
- Must be highly motivated and have a very competitive nature.
- Intermediate IT skills
- A BSc/ BA degree (2nd Upper Class).
- Added advantage for candidates possessing relevant professional qualification e.g. CFA (Certified Financial Analyst)
- ACI Dealer Certified
- The ability to operate in a highly pressurised team environment whilst keeping individual focus on core responsibilities.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
How to Apply