Job in Kenya: Our client is an established Christian NGO based in Meru which champions Children’s rights through various programs in Meru, Samburu and Isiolo.
We are seeking applications from Christian candidates to fill the following position based in Meru:
Salary KShs. 85,000/=
This is a highly demanding role responsible for overseeing the organisation’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems; ensuring compliance of financial statements with financial reporting standards, policies and procedures and guidelines and professional ethics.
This role requires a high degree of resilience to handle a high stress, high pressure environment.
The role holder is expected to perform undertake the following duties:
- Compiling and preparing annual budgets and ongoing budget monitoring and reporting
- Preparation of annual and management accounts;
- Ensuring timely preparation of accurate monthly expenditure reports
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and proactively managing the financial position of the organisation and predicting future trends
- Participate in external audits as scheduled and provide auditors with accounting documents as requested and provide explanation on audit queries
- Performance analysis and reporting
- Supervising and appraising the performance of assigned staff
- High degree of honesty and integrity
- An undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA(K) or its equivalent and be a member of ICPAK
- 3-5 years post qualification experience in a similar or related position
- Experience in an NGO or similar environment with demonstrable entrepreneurial and business skills
- Strong financial numeracy and analytical skills with ability to interpret financial data
- Working knowledge of Kenyan tax laws and excellent knowledge of financial regulations and legislation
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial analysis processes in a not for profit set up
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing and ability to effectively engage the business owners in matters pertaining the company
- Well developed ability to multi-task and handle multiple ongoing issues concurrently
- Willingness to work for long hours including weekends and public holidays as demanded by the situation
- Ability to take charge and control over varied situations that emerge in the department and ‘think on their feet’ for solutions to problems
- Good interpersonal skills and strong personal impact to command respect with internal and external stakeholders
How to Apply
Please forward an application letter indicating your suitability to this role, together with a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to: email@example.com before Wednesday 3rd May 2017.
Interview invitations will be sent at very short notice, therefore clearly provide daytime telephone contacts.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.