Christian Aid Program Manager NGO Job Vacancy in Kenya in Kenya October 2017
2017 Christian Aid Program Manager NGO Career Recruitment in Kenya
Christian Aid Program Manager NGO Job Opportunity in Kenya
Job Advert: Program Manager
About us: Christian Aid is a humanitarian and development organisation that insists the world can and must be swiftly changed to one where everyone can live a full lite, free from poverty by tackling the root causes of poverty.
In Kenya, Christian Aid works on improving access to essential services, inclusive market systems development, and climate change resilience.
- The Program Manager will lead and manage a portfolio of partners and projects/programs.
- This role will manage the programme team providing oversight and technical support to staff and partners.
- Effectively engage with external and internal stakeholders.
- Donor liaison and representation, and networking, consortium and partnership building, and fund raising.
The role will ensure the following key results are delivered: –
- Effective project management ¡n liaison with implementing partners ensuring quality controls, accountability, and compliance within the framework of Christian Aid policy and procedure for all project / programme tasks.
- Effective risk management including proactively identifying any risks, issues, and capacity gaps and effectively manage them or seek support for solutions.
- Successful representation of Christian Aid and the project’s best interests to communities, government officials, donors, partners and other stakeholders in Kenya.
- Effective people management ensuring highly skilled staff are recruited, properly inducted, empowered to provide leadership and decision-making within a team setting, and effectively managed to perform to a high standard and meeting their objectives.
With line management from the Country Manager, you will independently lead and facilitate leadership of your team to effectively deliver the programme and deliver expected results.
You will model and promote a culture of self-leadership, decisiveness and teamwork.
You are proactive and able to, with minimal supervision to deliver quality and excellence in your role’s expectations.
This is about you leading effectively individually and collaboratively in teams to deliver key outputs while exercising passion, autonomy and mutual accountability.
You will challenge status quo, embrace and respect diversity of views, enable others to co-lead with you, and take action to make contributions toward achievement of the shared team goals.
The Programme Manager role profile details the specific duties and responsibilities for this role’s desired requirements and is available at: https://jobs.christianaid.org.uk.
Express your interest to this post by applying through Christian Aid’s online recruitment system by 11th October 2017.