ChildFund Grants Manager NGO Current Employment in Nairobi in Kenya October 2017
ChildFund Grants Manager NGO Career Recruitment in Nairobi, Kenya
ChildFund Grants Manager NGO Job Opening in Nairobi Kenya
ChildFund is an international child-centered development organization.
Specific Duties / Responsibilities
- Lead the Country Office Grant Management efforts and coordinate the drafting and submission of programmatic and financial reports in collaboration with the relevant staff
- Provide strategic and technical support for monitoring and capacity building of local partners’ grants management and provide technical support where necessary.
- Maintain efficient donor relationships and provide appropriate and timely information on progress of grants to management for decision making.
- Oversee project implementation to meet institutional donor requirements and in accordance with ChildFund, donor, country and international standards
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems and procedures to ensure compliance with donor agreements and contracts.
- Monitor implementation of grants projects to ensure budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations and within the appropriate timeframe
- Manage the preparation and submission of reports to donors and other stake holders and liaise with Local Partners and internal stakeholders to ensure all requirements and deadlines are met, reports are produced to a high standard, comply with guidelines, deadlines, contracts and other donor requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, business administration, international relations or related discipline
- An advanced degree in a relevant field will be a distinct advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in grants management
- Demonstrated experience in designing and facilitating capacity building program/training, coaching and/or mentoring project staff in the basics of grant management.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimum supervision and with strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of major donors’ requirements, applicable local regulatory and legal requirements.
- Excellent communication, networking, presentation, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer skills.