ChildFund Kenya is recruiting for the following position:
The Field Officer for the Turkana DRR project will be tasked with the implementation of the project activities.
The officer will undertake the day to day project activities at the field level.
S/he will ensure timely activity implementation and monitoring of the activities at the field as well as facilitating regular updates to the PO and rest of Turkana programme team.
The field officer will ensure that at the field level the project is implemented in synergy with ChildFund Kenya, Turkana program.
The incumbent will ensure a smooth working relationship and in collaboration with other partners and personnel on ground from relevant line/county ministries and NGOs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mobilizing and sensitizing community on the DRR project goals and objectives
- Facilitating of the pre and post KAP surveys in the target areas.
- Organizing and facilitating local documentation and dissemination of KAP survey findings and good practices to local stakeholders.
- Facilitating mobilization, training/workshops and running of community based risk reduction management committees.
- Facilitating dialogue among the community local leadership, government, and other stakeholders.
- Facilitating and supporting the community in linking up with the established local SMS based platform disseminating DRR and climate change information
- Ensure smooth collaboration with vernacular radio station for dissemination of whether forecast information and education of agro – pastoralist communities in the target area
- Facilitate establishment of 2 youth led mobile public theatres for integrating child protection in community managed disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation.
- Conduct mobilization and formation of community groups for trainings
- Facilitate the various groups trainings including VSL, DRR, CCA and the follow up with mentoring and support with relevant livelihoods inputs
- Facilitate 3 water resource users groups in registration, training and development of sub catchment management plans.
- Undertake regular field monitoring of project interventions
- Develop and submit progress reports on timely manner and as per the donor agreement.
- Any other duties that may be allocated to him or her by the supervisor.
- Proven organizational, analytical, negotiating, communication (oral and written) and training skills
- Knowledge of local language and sensitivity to culture is very necessary.
- Community mobilization & sensitization skills
- Team player skills,
- Inter-personal skills
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills.
- Problem solving skills
- A minimum of a Degree, preferably in natural resource management
- A minimum of 1 year proven experience in working/programming in emergency relief, recovery or development.
Job Location: Lodwar, Nairobi, Kenya
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular