ChildFund Field Officer – FFA Project Job opportunity 2013 in Lodwar Kenya
- Fluency in written and oral English, Kiswahili and Ngaturkana
- Knowledgeable in community Community Based Targetting, Community based Resilience Analysis, Rain Water Harvesting Technologies, Participatory planning and learning techniques and Sphere Standards
- Proficiency in use of relevant computer packages
- Strong communication, report writing, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Willing and ability to work and live in rural set-ups with minimal supervision
Qualifications: Bachelors degree in Agriculture related training, social science/community development.
Required Experience: 3 years working experience in designing, implementing and monitoring donor funded projects
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mobilize communities and support in the identification of FFA projects, Generation of site specific proposals and in the implementation of FFA Projects through close supervision and monitoring.
- Supervise community based Targeting, Identification, Registration and Distribution processes according to CBTD and FFA guidelines and Ensure a gender responsive distribution system where Women/Girls’ have direct access to their entitlements.
- Ensure timely, efficient and accountable distribution of Food and Non- Food Items in various FFA Sites/Final Distribution Points
- Provide feedback on work norm achievements and constraints encountered during FFA projects implementation and make recommendations and suggestions on a monthly basis.
- Facilitate meetings with Relief and Asset Management Committees /Project Committee and Beneficiaries and keep records of such meetings.
- Continuously update and maintain all Beneficiary Documents and Records in close collaboration with Relief and Asset Management Committees / Project Committees, Data Assistant and Logistician at the Sites and Cluster Offices.
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely monthly, Quarterly and Annual monitoring report on FFA projects, Food and Non-Food Items distribution and collect relevant data at field level for onward discussion with the Project Officers to generate recommendations/ suggestions.
- Train communities on use of appropriate rain water harvesting technologies for assets creation, Asset Ownership and Sustainability.
- Resolve conflicts and disagreements as they arise during project implementation with the assistance of Relief and Asset Management Committees and local administrative structures..
- Liaise with other implementing partners, government line ministries and community stakeholders in the implementation of the Food for Assets projects.
- Promote voice of children and youth in implementation of the projects by upholding child protection policy.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Job Location: Lodwar, North-Eastern (Kaskazini Mashariki), Kenya
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular