Ipsos is organized in each country of operation across its global business lines and its functions, in a matrix organization that is designed to achieve operational excellence, functional expertise and client satisfaction.
The CFO will be responsible for leading all financial aspects of the business including controlling, accounting, cash, cost optimization, budgeting, forecasting and reporting, and the profitable growth and improvement of the business.
The CFO will be required to lead the development and implementation of financial planning and budgeting in support of the company’s strategic goals and budgets.
A specific short term objective is to launch the group’s financial control and accounting system, known internally as Symphony.
- Implement the Ipsos Group financial strategy, policies, procedures, organization and systems in Ipsos Kenya; implement the Ipsos Group financial information system (MIS) in Ipsos Kenya, specifically Symphony, Job book, Business Intelligence and Time management systems. Ensure that Ipsos Kenya’s information systems address its financial needs, and facilitate efficient process workflow and reporting. Having worked with Oracle Database management will be a distinct advantage.
- Rebuild, lead and organize the finance team to meet the immediate and long term financial goals of Ipsos. Create a culture of financial partnership and equip the team with strong analytical, accounting and management skills, with high levels of personal responsibility and professional standards
- Drive the budgeting, forecasting and reporting functions of Ipsos Kenya and ensure achievement of short and long term financial targets
- Maximize free cash flow generation in Ipsos Kenya. Achieve Free Cash Flow target
- Provide advice, leadership and counsel to the Country Manager/Managing Director and the local Management Team in all areas that impact the financial position of Ipsos Kenya
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with banking institutions, the company’s auditors, the required tax authorities, and other members of the financial community within the Group, in close coordination with Group teams
- Ensures that Ipsos Kenya complies with regulatory filing requirements and with Ipsos Group policies
- Maintain current awareness of potential, pending, and current legislation that may impact Ipsos Kenya;
- Optimize Income Tax, social charges, benefits and any type of fiscal, legal and social expense
- Relevant University Degree
- Relevant Accounting qualification
- A track record of high achievement in a complex, matrix international environment
- At least 6 relevant management experience
- Resilient and tough with a strong character.
- Able to act on own initiative within set guidelines
- Strong communicator and team player.
- A Kenyan national
P. O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Closing date: Wednesday 30th October 2013
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.