Chief Finance Officer Job at Corporate Staffing
Our client is a worldwide financial Institution registered with the NCR and MFSA offering among other services online personal and development loans. They seek to employ a brilliant financial expert to fill the role of a Chief Finance Officer.
The successful candidate will be tasked with developing and implementing quality operational strategies & financial strategies as well as designing systems that will implement change in the organization.
Salary: 500k + Benefits
Reports to: Kenya CEO, Group Finance and Board of Directors
Location: Nairobi (with regular travel)
Chief Finance Officer Job Responsibilities
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the CEO, Country Board of Directors and Group Finance
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Develops finance country specific strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes finance by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality operational strategies, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the CEO, Country Board of Directors and Group Finance
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
Qualifications for the Chief Finance Officer Job
- University Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics or Business Management/Administration or related business degree
- Masters will be an added advantage
- Must be a Certified Chartered Accountant/ Certified Public Accountant.
- Must be a current member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) with a valid Membership Certificate.
- Experience 7-10 years working experience in busy accounting/finance function.
- Must have 4 years of experience in a senior management position.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiency and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills.
- Proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting.
Must provide the clearance certificates listed below
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- CRB clearance certificate;
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge APPLY HERE on or before 26th January 2018.