Our client has successfully grown into one of Kenya’s largest chains of hospitals. In slightly over 10 years the hospital has expanded to meet the growing demand for its services to the women and their families.
The position is responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction and policy development to the finance function to support the achievement of revenue, profit, cash flow and service objectives; as well as provide overall strategic direction in planning, implementation and support of the ICT systems to support the company’s business strategies to provide efficient, timely and accurate financial management information and expertise to enable timely management decision-making and safeguard the company’s assets from loss arising from fraud or error.
- Contribute to the development of strategies, policies, plans and systems that ensure the future of the company profitability and the sound use of assets.
- Support the development and implementation of the company’s strategic and business plan through allocation of financial resources
- Develop and promote key relationships with financial institutions, underwriters, suppliers and other investments firms to guarantee innovative funding solutions to support the business and its growth.
- Develop and ensure maintenance of a robust cash forecasting and management system that ensures reasonable liquidity level.
- Carry out treasury management duties to ensure that organization funds are invested in the best manner according to policy.
- Ensure the effective financial evaluation and financing of major investments/capital spend allowing for sound decision making.
- Develop and monitor financial policies on capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisition to ensure they adequately meet international standards.
- Monitor performance against financial plans and provide relevant and timely information to the Board, Senior Management, Departments, and other stakeholders
- Provide accurate and timely periodic financial reports to the various stakeholders
- Ensure that the organization does not suffer financial loss through fraud and error by ensuring that assets are safeguarded and by closely monitoring and maintaining an adequate system of internal control
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met as regards to all company financial affairs
- Ensure the development, implementation and delivery of information systems at minimum costs with suitable back-ups to guarantee seamless operations.
- Ensure development and implementation of the IT infrastructure that generates business information that meets business needs.
- Generating relevant information for management decisions and Prudent financial advice to the constituent business units
- University Degree(Accounting/Finance) or equivalent
- Membership of a professional body
- Information Systems (added advantage)
- Healthcare Management (added advantage)
- Financial Accounting, Analysis & Reporting
- Planning & Budgeting
- Treasury & Investment Management
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Managing Vision & Purpose
- 7 – 10 years’ experience
- 5+ as a Finance Manager
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Account Director