CHAK Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Non-Communicable Diseases Program) Career Vacancy in Kenya July 2017
CHAK Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Non-Communicable Diseases Program) Job Recruitment in Kenya
CHAK Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job Opening in Kenya
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer – Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs)
Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is a national faith based organization dedicated to promoting access to quality health care through health service delivery, health systems strengthening, community systems support and partnerships.
Program Summary: CHAK’s (NCDs) Program has grown significantly over the last five years and its impact on the health of the Kenyan communities is evident.
The goal of CHAK NCD programme is to create awareness and education, improve access to prevention, screening, and care and treatment for NCDs, with special emphasis on Diabetes, Hypertension, and Breast Cancer, Asthma, Mental Health, Eye Diseases and health for the elderly.
We are therefore seeking a qualified and highly motivated individual to join CHAK as a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer for the CHAK NCD Projects.
The position is based in Nairobi – With frequent travel to the CHAK NCD Project implementing health facilities throughout Kenya.
Key duties and responsibilities:
The position of M&E Officer will be part of larger CHAK M&E team and will be responsible for all M&E activities including work planning, staff training, analyzing data, and compiling regular monthly and quarterly reports for CHAK NCD projects.
S/he will be reporting/working with the NCDs Programs Coordinator for the day-to-day project activities but under the overall direction of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Research (MELR) Advisor.
The primary responsibilities of the position will include:-
- Support the CHAK NCD strategy & strengthening of the M&E Unit at the CHAK Secretariat.
- Develop, support and implement the M&E work plan for the NCD projects.
- Refine the NCD data management system to improve data collection and reporting.
- Provide training and supportive supervision to the field data officers, CHAK staff and other M&E partners in consortia with CHAK.
- Supervise data collection process within the NCDs projects, assure quality of data through routine data quality assessments at CHAK health facilities implementing NCD projects.
- Analyze program data on a monthly basis for performance monitoring and data-driven decision making.
- Prepare and support accurate quarterly, semi-annual and annual project and programme reports for submission to CHAK management and donors and ensure they are submitted on time.
- Support the NCD unit to undertake planned operations research activities within the project implementation sites to build evidence that displays the impact of the programme to our partners and the rest of the world.
- Support writing of new project proposals by developing M&E log frames, work plans, and targets.
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned NCD project coordinator.
Qualifications for the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Public Health or other relevant academic background (essential), with demonstrable preference and strength in M&E;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in health programs (essential) and with demonstrable knowledge of data quality improvement.
- Experience in Non-Communicable Diseases M&E work is an added advantage;
- Computer proficiency in word processing, databases, and spreadsheets, with advanced skills in at least one of the following programs: SPSS, Excel, Epi Info, Stata, and MS Access;
- Excellent training & facilitation skills;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Ability to work independently, demonstrates strong team spirit and leadership.
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills.
How to Apply
If you have the above qualities and wish to join highly motivated team at CHAK, please send your letter of application, curriculum vitae and certificates, specifying the position you are applying for (i.e. NCD Monitoring and Evaluation Officer) and a list of three references by July 22, 2017 to email@example.com and/or addressed to:
The General Secretary,
Christian Health Association of Kenya,
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO,
(Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted)