CHAK Assistant Program Officer (Non-Communicable Diseases Program) NGO Career Vacancy in Kenya July 2017
CHAK Assistant Program Officer (Non-Communicable Diseases Program) NGO Job Opening in Kenya
CHAK Assistant Program Officer (Non-Communicable Diseases Program) NGO Job Recruitment in Kenya
Job Vacancy: NCD Assistant Program Officer – Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs)
Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is a national faith based organization dedicated to promoting access to quality health care through health service delivery, health systems strengthening, community systems support and partnerships.
Health services delivery is a key strategic direction for CHAK, and non-communicable diseases (NCDs) form one of our primary strategic priorities.
The goal of CHAK NCD programme is to create awareness and education, improve access to prevention, screening, and care and treatment for NCDs, with special emphasis on Diabetes, Hypertension, and Breast Cancer, Asthma, Mental Health, Eye Diseases and health for the elderly.
We are seeking a qualified and highly motivated individual to join CHAK as an Assistant Program Officer – NCD for the NCD Projects, based in Kisii – For Kisii-Nyamira – Kericho NCD program region.
Key duties and responsibilities:
The officer will be directly supervised by the Regional NCD Program Officer and will also report to NCD Programs Coordinator and other partners in addressing the following primary responsibilities:
- Advancing and supporting CHAK’s NCD Strategy.
- Organizing NCD trainings for community health volunteers in collaboration with the regional NCD program officer and the county community health strategy focal point person.
- Training and supporting community health volunteers, community health extension workers (CHEWs) and public health officers in implementation of CHAK NCD projects such as health promotion activities – behaviour change communication, screening for NCDs – especially Hypertension and Diabetes, referral and linkage of persons with NCDs to health facilities.
- Train CHVs, CHEWs on data collection & reporting using the NCD tool-kits and conduct data quality audits to assure collection & reporting of quality data.
- Conduct joint support supervision with county teams on NCD program implementation at county and sub-county levels.
- Preparing and submitting quarterly progress report to CHAK and relevant stakeholders.
- Representing CHAK in conferences and workshops, if required
- Supporting the health facility and NCDs Focal Point Persons at health facility level in supervising CHVs working on the NCD projects.
Qualifications for the position:
- University Degree in Public Health or Health/Social Sciences from a recognized institution with at least two years of public health experience working in public health programs or Diploma in Health/Social Sciences with at least 5 years experience in public health programs.
- Working knowledge of NCD programs is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of county health services structures, MoH data collection systems.
- Proven effective organizational and report writing skills.
- Ability to develop innovative approaches and solutions, and solve problems including inspiring and mobilizing communities on adapting health lifestyles to prevent NCDs.
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills by working harmoniously as a member of a team, adapting to diverse educational, socio-political and cultural backgrounds and maintaining a high standard of personal conduct.
- Capacity to work strategically and under tight deadlines on a results-oriented basis.
- Experience and proficiency in working with government and other partners in an effective and culturally competent manner.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft tools.
- Training & facilitation skills for community health personnel is an added advantage;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills. Good written and spoken English.
How to Apply
If you have above qualities and wish to join a highly motivated team at CHAK, please send your letter of application, curriculum vitae and certificates, specifying the position you are applying for (i.e. Assistance Program Officer – NCD ) and a list of three references by July 22, 2017 to email@example.com and/or addressed to:
The General Secretary,
Christian Health Association of Kenya,
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO,
(Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted)