CDE Finance and Administration Officer Job opportunity in Nairobi Kenya
The Centre for the Development of Enterprise (CDE) is a joint institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP) and the European Union (EU) dedicated to supporting the private sector development in ACP countries.
CDE regional office based in Nairobi, Kenya, is seeking to employ a highly competent and articulate person to assist the Head of Regional Office to perform accountancy and administration duties for the office.
Finance and Administration Officer
Candidates must be nationals of either a member state of the EU (European Union), or ACP (Africa, Caribbean and Pacific) group of states, and must be resident in Kenya.
- Preparation of the budget of the RFO
- Bank reconciliation
- Monitoring of the budget
- Cash flow management
- Financial control of PSDP managed by the REO
- Training of the local PSDP Accountants
- Submission of any reports required by HQ Chief Accountant
- Processing commitments/do-commitments/Payment orders/Revenue Orders/Deduction Orders in the Centre’s accounting system
- Assist in the audit of the RFO by HO Financial Controller/Commission Auditors/EU Court of Auditors
- Bachelor ¡n accountancy/finance
- Experience in financial management and reporting
- At least five years hands-on experience in an accounting department of a private, public sector company or international organizations
- Computer proficiency is essential for this position, as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly
- Professional accounting qualifications is a an added advantage
- Knowledge of EU programmes procedures and accounting rules will be an asset
- Working knowledge of a second foreign language, particularly French will be an added advantage
- Ability to work within deadlines, with special attention to detail and accuracy
The successful candidate will possess the following key qualities: good team working and organizational skills, good communication, and problem solving.
The remuneration package is in conformity with the EU Delegation (Kenya) salary grid.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The application must be accompanied by an up-to-date CV and 3 references.
Disclose your current gross monthly salary.
Email your CV and relevant details to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th November 2013 at 12:30pm.