PATH Career Vacancy : Senior Technical Advisor NGO – HIV Prevention Services in Kenya October 2017
PATH Job Recruitment : Senior Technical Advisor NGO – HIV Prevention Services
PATH Job Vacancy : Senior Technical Advisor NGO – HIV Prevention Services
- Company: PATH
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
HIV Service Delivery Support Activity (HSDSA) Cluster 1 is a USAID funded project covering Homa Bay, Kisumu, Migori, Kisii and Nyamira counties. The purpose of this project is to provide key clinical support to the Government of Kenya national HIV response with the overall goal of increasing access and coverage for HIV prevention, care and treatment services towards achieving the “90-90-90” targets.
We seek to recruit a Senior Technical Advisor, HIV Prevention Services who will serve as the lead and technical expert in HIV Prevention services for the HSDSA project, provide technical support and supervision to ensure that the HIV Prevention services scope of work including HTS, VMMC, community linkages and services to priority populations for the HSDSA project area assigned is carried out to the fullest extent possible and to the highest possible degree of quality.
The incumbent will provide technical support and supervision in collaboration with HSDSA project management teams to ensure the successful planning and implementation of HIV prevention services activities, including work planning, budgeting, support supervision, technical support and reporting in assigned areas. S/he will provide technical expertise, coordination and supervision of all HIV Prevention activities within the assigned project area in compliance with national and donor guidelines and policies.
Senior Technical Advisor Job Responsibilities
- Provide overall administrative and technical leadership of the core team of HIV Prevention Technical Advisors (HTS, VMMC, Community Linkages and Services to Priority Populations) and Program Officers to ensure effective collaboration, teamwork and collegiality.
- Provide overall technical leadership and mentorship in the implementation of the HIV Prevention services component of the project.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and monitoring of costed project work-plans
Supervise and coordinate the HSDSA project team in the assigned project area in close collaboration with project M&E team and working with the county and sub-county HMTs.
- Oversee the integration of the project’s HIV Prevention technical approaches for the achievement of successful project implementation using evidence informed, innovative and best practices
- Provide leadership in creating and strengthening linkages and referral networks between facility and community activities ensuring there is seamless implementation of activities leading to improved health outcomes across the project areas.
- Take lead in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and other reports as may be required and submit these to the Deputy Chief of Party HSDSA in a timely manner
- Provide leadership in weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual project performance reviews, assessing progress in an objective manner
- Provide leadership to the HIV Prevention service delivery team on Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance interventions.
- Participate in the donor progress report writing, continuation application and quarterly review report writing and presentation
- Take lead in site preparation for supportive supervision and SIMS assessments and ensure recommendations are implemented at facility level by project team
- Overall coordination with CHMTs on implementation of HIV Prevention service delivery work plans.
- Represent the HSDSA project in technical forums at sub-county, county and national level
- Participate in any other duties as assigned
Requirements for the Senior Technical Advisor Job
- Medical Doctor (or equivalent qualification) with a minimum of 7 years’ experience providing leadership in implementation of health service delivery project with specific experience in HIV Prevention services.
MPH or other master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Hands on clinical experience in HIV Prevention service delivery and technical coordination.
- Proven experience leading multi-sectoral project teams in implementing PEPFAR projects.
- Proven experience and familiarity with MOH/GOK health systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, capable of directing and managing change, effective delegation, inspiring teamwork and motivating staff and partners to achieve results.
- Research experience, proposal and abstract writing will be a distinctive advantage.
- Ability to work in a complex project implementation environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to lead a multi-sectoral team and support collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Excellent facilitation, mentorship, team building and coordination skills.
- Experience in public speaking and professional presentations.
- Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to programming.
How to Apply