CARD Resource Mobilization Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer and Research Assistant Jobs opportunity in Kenya 2013
Resource Mobilization Officer
- Development of quality proposals, targeted at both in-country donors and corporates as well as external donors for achievement of a diversified grants income as per the targets agreed in the Country Strategy Program;
- Management and coordination of concept papers and proposal development and dissemination in collaboration with the program team;
- Diversification of grants income including organizing fundraising events;
- Provide effective management of relationships with donors and other partners to the organization;
- Provide effective management of grants including grants systems as well as quality and timely reports;
- Development of a fund-raising strategy, action plan and implementation with regular review and revision;
- Effective working relationships are critical for this position, including relationships with donors, implementing partners, corporate entities and other program staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, or other related discipline
- Proven experience in local fundraising, strategic planning, marketing and events organization
- 3 years relevant resource mobilization/fundraising experience in an NGO or corporate setting
- Demonstrated experience in the grants development and management
- Excellent fundraising, proposal and report writing skills for different donor requirements – institutional, corporate and other donors.
- Planning skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent grant management skills, including ability to identify challenges and provide or work with teams to propose possible solutions
- Knowledge of programming processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support staff working on grant-related programmes
- Strong negotiation, facilitating and influencing skills
- Networking and relationship development skills
- Strong team building and motivational skills
- Ability to interact and work effectively with others
- Proficiency in computer packages
- The ideal candidate should have a first degree in Statistics, Social Sciences or its equivalent, with four (4) years of relevant M&E experience and professional training in M&E.
- The person should possess advanced report writing skills, excellent database management skills (SQL, Access, Excel), and exceptional analytical skills (STATA, SAS or SPSS).
- Experience in project management, health programs and conversant with various donor and government M&E systems in Kenya are essential.
- S/he must possess superior quantitative and qualitative skills as well as remarkable communication and interpersonal skills.
- S/he must be a person of high integrity, discretion and personal conduct who is also flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions.
- Should be self-motivated, proactive, with good judgment and initiative and is able to prioritize, meet deadlines and work in a multicultural environment.
- Support the development of research protocols and study scheduling.
- Conduct literature searches and desk reviews.
- Support the development and administration of research data collection tools.
- Assist in validation of data elements/data editing and consistency evaluation.
- Participate in data analysis and report writing.
- Provide help in preparation of research manuscripts and research presentations
- Assist in uploading project data in the information management databases and in development and maintenance of research databases including handling and protecting confidential and sensitive data with integrity.
- Conducting research on given scientific and academic topics.
- Collect and analyze data using tools and procedures relevant for the study including focus group discussions, community meetings, social surveys, transect walks, historical trends, social and wealth mapping among others
- Writing and editing research proposals and any other role assigned by the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or a relevant social science.
- Should have evidence of research studies conducted and successfully completed
- A team player and good in communication and report writing.
- Must have a good command of the English language
- Computer Literacy especially in SPSS programme
The Executive Director
Centre for Ageing and Rural Development (CARD)
P.O Box 4495-20100