Business Development Manager opportunity 2013
Our Client is financial institution which offers affordable and straight forward trading access to experienced brokers and diversified product offering for the buy-and-hold or occasional investor.
The company specializes in offering online independent investing and their clients have access to full range of investment products such as stocks, ETF’s, Mutual funds, fixed income, auto trading and options.
Has all-in-one solution which includes the combined functionality of an investment account with checking and debit card services.
Our client would like to fill the position of Business Development Manager who will be reporting to Chief Executive Officer.
Grow the company’s balance sheet through sales and marketing initiatives.
Take a lead role to ensure that product portfolio remains relevant to the Company’s overall business strategy.
Ensure the company’s product portfolio remains competitive and profitable by:
Continuous product development,
Carrying out regular product portfolio performance reviews and undertaking any necessary product enhancements to
(a) increase growth and maximize revenues and/or
(b) identify remedial actions for product shortcomings
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sell the company’s products and services to drive balance sheet growth
- Identify sales and marketing opportunities
- Provide strategic direction to sales executives
New product development:
- Perform customer segmentation that will lead to focused product development and maintain a product portfolio that delivers balanced growth of the business.
- Identify suitable products and services that can be introduced to meet the needs of company’s target customers and obtain senior strategic sponsorship from the chief executive officer.
- Take new products and services through a development process.
- Provide a platform upon which stakeholders are kept informed on the progress of product development at every stage to manage internal stakeholder expectations, avoid surprises and allow necessary intervention that will aid in timely product development.
Portfolio performance review:
- Perform periodic product performance review
- Identify opportunities for product amendments that will enhance performance.
- Where there are products shortcomings, in collaboration with respective stakeholders, make recommendations for remedial action.
- Oversee the implementation of agreed actions by respective persons.
- Where you deem fit, make recommendations on withdrawal of products
- Ensure that sales executives are appropriately trained on products and services.
- Maintain current information on competitor product and service offering
- Perform periodic competitor analysis that will inform decisions on our existing product portfolio and new product development
- Avail competitor information to relevant stakeholders
- Make recommendations on research that should be undertaken to enhance product performance and competitiveness.
- Carry out any approved research timely and within budget.
- Proactively seek information on best practice, award winning products and services, etc. from other trade financiers, banks and other relevant industries in other markets that will be useful in developing a competitive world class product portfolio.
- A university degree
- Knowledge of credit and trade financials products and services is preferable
- Informed in the market competitive structure, industry practices and regulations with at least 2 years’ experience in the local environment
- At least 2 years managerial experience in financial services
- Preparation of business proposals
- Experience in any of the following is an added advantage: analysis, research, marketing
- Skills: analytical, negotiation, communication and presentation
- Capable of taking innovative thinking
- Stakeholder management
Salary Budget: Kshs. 50,000 – 100,000 gross
How to Apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your updated resume, your current salary and benefits package to email@example.com before close of business 23rd Oct, 2013.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.